The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eyelids

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 63
    Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HaloAngel
    You mean like these....? I did this with black vinyl...they look pretty good for the test models, but the right headlamp vinyl needs replacing because too much got trimmed off......

(Dont mind the dent, she hit a dog......)

Those look great! I love the aggressive look. 8)

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HaloAngel
    You mean like these....? I did this with black vinyl...they look pretty good for the test models, but the right headlamp vinyl needs replacing because too much got trimmed off......

(Dont mind the dent, she hit a dog......)

PLEASEEEE MAKE ME SOME EYELIDS!

I will pay
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

how hard do you think it would be to get vinyl that matches the color of my car? Is it worth it?

2011 Ibis White Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX
    how hard do you think it would be to get vinyl that matches the color of my car? Is it worth it?
    Looks like his is matching pretty damned good...

yeah but black is black.. would it be hard to match the red on my car to a red on a vinyl?

2011 Ibis White Audi S4

yeah but black is black.. would it be hard to match the red on my car to a red on a vinyl?
    Not really, a color swatch of the color and a professional vinyl person could match it, hell maybe even with the paint code it might be possible.

Every color is just RGB in some form of funky combo...match pearl, etc, requires fiberglasss, etc usually for a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Greek
    Not really, a color swatch of the color and a professional vinyl person could match it, hell maybe even with the paint code it might be possible.

Every color is just RGB in some form of funky combo...match pearl, etc, requires fiberglasss, etc usually for a good look.
    Yeah, what he said is true. I went to my local Vinyl/graffix shop and asked for a basic black, but then, i guess the basic black didn't really match the car. So he made it for me. I just got a 4'x24" sheet of it, a roll basically, then proceeded to cut it and arrange it myself. Im still working on the finishing touches myself, but I haven't been able to lately due to our change in weather, it snowed on Tuesday up here in MN.....

As for making them for other people, I would need time to figure out the basic design and shape of them. i didthese outta the blue and i liked them. So does the GF.....id have to get that stuff down before i would make any for anyone else, id hate to send out a s**ty product.....

Not to mention the cost of vinyl to color match, time, and shipping. It wouldn't be much though, pending how much material i have to use, based upon what Ive done so far, i'd say, $10-$15 shipped pending your location.....

I'll give you $9 and some change to make me some, since thats all I have in my paypal account RIGHT NOW if you want man.

I want them, just template it off of yours!

Seriously, I'm not kidding, I will pay for them, I want my eyelids looking as MEAN as possible...they make the car look pissed off and with the upcoming drop it should be nasty :)

ill see what i can do....

Sorry guys, been hung up, moved out of my old place (my moms) and just got a new job. making bank now so custom modding will be a definite, my lid design is truly almost done. I'm still trying to find a place to mold them for me so that they can be bolt ons instead of stuck to the plastic. I have 2 designs laid out atm and will post pics during the week.

Though one is pretty aggressive i have a more rounded version of those as well. thusly looking more like the hood is complete, and not cut with the rounded angle.

damn i bet those of us wid the pearl color gonna have a hard time getting a color match... :(
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

I have platinum pearl and it is just as much to buy a small can from mitsu as it is to buy any color. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilsom
    Sorry guys, been hung up, moved out of my old place (my moms) and just got a new job. making bank now so custom modding will be a definite, my lid design is truly almost done. I'm still trying to find a place to mold them for me so that they can be bolt ons instead of stuck to the plastic. I have 2 designs laid out atm and will post pics during the week.

Though one is pretty aggressive i have a more rounded version of those as well. thusly looking more like the hood is complete, and not cut with the rounded angle.
    No excuses I want my eye lids ASAP damnit! Aggressive as possible please!

I'll post them here in like 10 mins... left the original copy of the designs at home, i'll draw up some more in AutoCAD here at work real quick and see what you all have to say about the designs.

ok so i cant do it from work ill e-mail them to my home e-mail and post them from my moms on my way home today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilsom
    ok so i cant do it from work ill e-mail them to my home e-mail and post them from my moms on my way home today.
    Or email them to me @ [email protected] and I'll post them...

I added a watermark for any future people trying to get away with stealing...

I personally want Sabre

OEM:

Evil Eyes & Tricky:

Sabre & Completed Hood:

Thanks for posting em for me.... work wont let me go to media loading sites... and i dont feel like backdooring and getting into trouble... (just got the job)... so thanks much appreciation...

If anyone else likes or has ideas send a pic to me and ill try to incorporate it into a lid for the 9g...

The thing is, we can possibly get these made pretty soon out of 18 or 22 gauge metal and have them straight powder coated and ready to be colored. this way they have a bit more bite to them and will hold better then the original planned plastic. Not to mention the bolt holes won't break from overtightening and the likes.

We will have a vote when i get a few more designs together and pick two to move on at first, if sucessful move on to the others as well.

My appreciation goes out to the patience of the 9g community.

Rodrick Shelton, a.k.a. Kilsom.

P.S. I had to draw those by hand on the PC... I got them as close as I could. I hope I got the point across.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast