The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear door glass replacement cost?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Rear door glass replacement cost?

Yo. Some !@##$#%! friggin kids busted into my Galant tonite. Heard the alarm go off, and after living in rural little York I am used to figured it's a false alarm. I head out there and the rear door window, the smaller one not the one that moves, was busted in. The kicker is I saw two guys in a mini-suv driving off and me in my false-alarm mindset thought nothing of it. When I saw the window broke I jumped in and stormed after them but didn't see if they went down Caroline or Thames street. I tear ass down Caroline, don't see them. Cut right on Aliceanna and pass the mofos. Trapped in traffic I cut right on the first road and turn around, but now traffic is clogged and I can't get back left onto Aliceanna so I gave up.

I really need to buy another gun

So anyway, how much are those windows, anyone know? My deductible is $500 so I'm sure it's more than the window. Thanks..

Tazz2000
    I know it's about $200 for the front window. But I'm not sure about that back one. Couldn't be more than $125 or so.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Do they have Pick&Pull where you're at? Here in Sacramento, there's couple. And basicaly it's a junk yard where you take the parts off your self. And the parts are real cheap, you can get a whole door for like 25bucks.

hey ken, damn that sucks. my car is like 5 blocks down from ur place. uhm, yea at that body shop my car is at, there's two black galants u wanna look at for parts lol. both of em are black. break into the i4 for parts, the v6 one is mine lol free parts hahaha, hope no1 breaks into my galant. hol on, what am i saying, they got nothing there of significant value to steal

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

No way it's going to come close to your deductable. Anyway Ken, just make sure if you are getting a generic glass replacement window that it matches your stock tint unless you are going to put aftermarket tint.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Yea, the next day I went to Safelite and got a new one installed for $147. My tint is aftermarket so they just put in a clear one. Gotta get some tint, looks funny now hehe. I was gonna call around and get more estimates, but Safelite could do it same day so I figured **** it - I couldn't stand the sound of the plastic i put over it flapping when I drove

Turboutlaw
    **LISTEN TO ME!!**

The window itself costs like 53 dollars and you can order it from your mitsu dealer or like www.delraymotors.com for alittle discount. Here is my main point though, if you are at all good with cars just install it yourself, they are gonna charge you 70 bucks for installation. Mine got busted like a month ago and I sat their and watched the guy replace it, and watched 70 dollars slip away for an install that I know I could have done, all you do is like take off the inside of the door, roll down the bigger back window, unscrew the black thing that supports then, and put it in. It realy is easy, just get the window from a dealer and give it a shot... PM me with any questions