The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: knock sensor

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

knock sensor

Does the I4 02 galants come with a knock sensor?? Im running evo scan and 0 for the knock count so im doubting i have a sensor but any info would be appreciated...
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Experienced TGC Member
    don't think you have a knock sensor cause goosys didn't have one but what is your a/f at during wot? Also you should be making more than 170whp at wot at 8 psi with your setup.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

knock

havent received a wideband yet.. im running rich but i got my tactrix cable today.. i noticed knock is not jumping from 0 so... my tune has low timing and high fuel but i have to wait for the wideband... i heard of someone adding a knock sensor to there ecu anyone done that or heard of it???

170whp is just a guess but its definitely higher than gst's whp
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Yes it does have a knock sensor...

??

may i ask how u know this?? I am an I4 by the way..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87
    Yes it does have a knock sensor...
    not after the early models, Mine is an 01 i4 and no knock sensor. We do have a threaded hole for one though. I'm adding one but thats because i'm planning on running the evo ecu soon.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

knock

i wanna add a knock sensor but obviously our ecus wont be able to use the sensor correctly right??

also does anyone have some evo scan logs or some logs that i can view.. im curious to see the timing on other peoples cars.. In my logs it appears i wont pass 12 or 13 for advance on boost but i am curious of others..

Experienced TGC Member
    I'm still on the 7g galant ecu and my timing is 21 deg at wot :shock: it's not breaking up or anything though. I guess its cause I'm only running 6 psi.

knock

Are you tuning timing also because i have the emanage with some timing retard on the ignition map .... If i accelerate slowly then the timing will hit 20s but if i am wot the timing seems to stay about 14 now that im looking at the logs..

Experienced TGC Member
    Na I'm not tuning timing. I am using the Maft gen 2 so it is stealing my airflow signal so my computer is adding timing.

I asked Mr. Evo... I work with him.. He said that all of them have a knock sensor

Well I AM Telling you that they don't have them. Who is Mr. Evo??? Why didn't you ask Barney? If you DON'T KNOW SOMETHING, don't say anything. We only need facts here not opinions.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Ok let me print out the engine parts from the parts department.. I'll tell you a fact.... I'm checking it for an 02 I4

NO.... it doesn't come with a knock sensor... I checked parts... sorry about that last one...

knock

ok.. i was gonna goto mitsubishi and ask.. is any 8g i4 monitoring knock ?? im just curious.. also i know the 3gs have em but if i get one of theres i wont get the timing retard becuase there is no way to hook it up to the ecu i assume??? thanks for the info guys..

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    pretty sure all the V6s had knock sensors, can't say for the 64 though
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i just picked up a 4g64 and it has an knock sensor on the back of the block im not gonna use it if you want it, its yours. you would need to switch to an eclipse ecu to use it tho... not worth the trouble in my opinion... factory knock sensors are too sensitive all they do is sense vibration so broken mounts or something little like that can trough them off and mees up your tune
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

hey

look who it is man.. where have u been...?? Thanks for the tune u gave me it works great so far.. i got some things to hash but all in all good.. I dont wanna swap ecus but i do want a sensor but ill see.. I would like to get an ecu to play with ecu flash with but i dont wanna waste money now.. Thanks for the info.. U think its worth it for me to switch to the outlander mani or run the gm setup??