The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Make a USDM Finless Grille Mod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    No sweat, post pix when u do.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Well the reason a lot of us Zenki Aero Style guys paint them is because you see all those rivets from the fins. I sanded mine down for hours and used bondo and all and when you work hard at it, it comes out nice.

Personally I want black mesh behind but it matches well with my cleared headlights, once I get some black housing 02-03 headlights ill go black

EDIT: Just because i did it, i see the very small imperfection in the lower middle of the grill mainly because that is all bondo due to cutting out the middle.

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

^^ Nice work! I had those small indentations left also but where they are, I painted it flat back along with the mesh, so its not even noticeable unless you get right up on it.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Looks sooo hawtt im DEF doing this

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

legit! i think ima do it

mine i did this summer. i didnt quite take the time to get it perfectly smooth, but you cant really tell. and instead of screwing the mesh down, i took my time to cut it and stuff it in the grille and fill it with bondo to hold it in place.

pics are hazy because the camera fogged up from the humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorlax5506 View Post
    Well the reason a lot of us Zenki Aero Style guys paint them is because you see all those rivets from the fins. I sanded mine down for hours and used bondo and all and when you work hard at it, it comes out nice.

much better
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Do you think this would be possible for the 2002?? we have that little part of the bumper that comes up like a shark fin and divides our grill into 2 pieces. Would this work if i mod my front bumper by trimming that piece off?

00 galant
    I just finished this mod with a few tweaks on your instructions. Looks great, thanks man. By the way does anyone have suggestions for changing the mitsubishi badge color?I'm trying to add some color to my car and I thought I'd start with the badge on the grill.

Quote Originally Posted by 00 galant View Post
    I just finished this mod with a few tweaks on your instructions. Looks great, thanks man. By the way does anyone have suggestions for changing the mitsubishi badge color?I'm trying to add some color to my car and I thought I'd start with the badge on the grill.
    What kind of suggestions are you looking for? Ideas on colors or how to do it?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by 00 galant View Post
    With a black grill im painting my badge silver to make it stand out. I think it would look good in red too. Whats your fav color -_-
    I want honey comb for my grill. I was told jdm has a nice honey comb look. Also want to take it anoher step by cutting out the middle later on like bmaddock did but I'v never worked with bondo before. Ill probly do it on a spare one. First time for everything

i did this to mine as well a few years back but i rolled my wire mesh to get the jdm look i gotta extra grill here ima have to try that no center look thats awesome. heres a pic of mine i used foberglass resin to hold mine in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12