The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo V6 guys *NEED PICS ASAP*

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    8G_GTZ

turbo V6 guys *NEED PICS ASAP*

I want to look at your manifold/downpipe setup. I need pics from up above and down below if and when you can. I would really appreciate it. I'm going to set this up so I don't have to cut the fan shroud and/or move the radiator hose.

Steve

If you need anything else just IM or PM me

8G_GTZ
    awesome thank you. any from under the hood?

None at the moment. Ill take some pic this weekfor u

were did you get that down pipe kit pm me the info please if you can

8G_GTZ
    I know there are a few of you guys out there. Thanks for the under car pics, but I need to see up close pics of the manifold/downpipe setups to see if I will do a band clamp or bolt on setup. I will be doing this from scratch and I just need ideas.

Thanks

Steve

Experienced TGC Member
    Disregard the welds. Atleast they don't leak.

Also I HIGHLY recommend a V-band setup just for the easy of use. As it is, I can't get one of the bolts on the downpipe on because its in a really fucked up angle. V-band is god. T-bolts are god as well.

Also you probably won't have to mess with the radiator hose. Though I would look out for the fan. I'm currently running fanless, though I only drive about 10 miles per month (and at night).

I've seen my temp needle come close to the red area twice. But both times it was after a few HARD runs followed by a complete stop. The temps drop back to normal within half minute.

Were lucky in that regards. Unlike the 3G guys we have a big open area in the front that allows for a lot of airflow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Disregard the welds. Atleast they don't leak.

Also I HIGHLY recommend a V-band setup just for the easy of use. As it is, I can't get one of the bolts on the downpipe on because its in a really fucked up angle. V-band is god. T-bolts are god as well.

Also you probably won't have to mess with the radiator hose. Though I would look out for the fan. I'm currently running fanless, though I only drive about 10 miles per month (and at night).

I've seen my temp needle come close to the red area twice. But both times it was after a few HARD runs followed by a complete stop. The temps drop back to normal within half minute.

Were lucky in that regards. Unlike the 3G guys we have a big open area in the front that allows for a lot of airflow.
    how r u not running an intercooler with a slug that big? or is that the old set-up?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    I got an intercooler. The angle of the pic looks like its running right off the turbo. The compressor outlet is actually pointing straight down to the FMIC.

8G_GTZ
    thanks for the quick response man. Looks good as far as the setup, but mine may end up slightly different. Who did the welds for you and overall design for the manifold setup?

Steve

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8G_GTZ
    thanks for the quick response man. Looks good as far as the setup, but mine may end up slightly different. Who did the welds for you and overall design for the manifold setup?

Steve
    No problem dude. The manifold was an original XTech manifold. Though it was meant for a T3 turbo (tiny). I had to modify it about 10 times for it to accommodate the larger T4. I bought the welder, and with Peano's help we set about redoing it.

I STRONGLY suggest you fabricate your own manifold. It is well worth the experience.