The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: High quality Gauge Cluster/HVAC Overlay files.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

High quality Gauge Cluster/HVAC Overlay files.

Gauge Cluster overlays:

Doctored Gauge cluster PSDs
    http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/Gauges...Cluster%20PSD/

Doctored standard Gauge cluster JPEGs
    http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/Gauges...0Black%20JPEG/

Doctored reverse Gauge cluster JPEGs
    http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/Gauges...0White%20JPEG/

Gauge Cluster Originals JPEGs:
    http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/Gauges...r%20Originals/

HVAC Overlay Files:

HVAC Overlay PSDs:
    http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/Gauges/HVAC%20PSDs/

HVAC Overlays standard JPEGs:
    http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/Gauges...0Black%20JPEG/

HVAC Overlays reverse JPEGs:
    http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/Gauges...0White%20JPEG/

HVAC Overlay Originals:
    http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/Gauges/HVAC%20Originals/

I deleted the KMPH numbers on the speedo as nobody in the US uses them so whats the point! I have not tested any of these and am also making a custom set, will post when done. ALL of these files are too large to print, you need to resize them to the correct size. I will post up the correct printable size files once I test them.

Keep checking this thread, I will add updated files as I test them. If you have any ideas for custom overlays let me know! Or just want different color overlays. Enjoy!
    7g for life!

Updated! For all those that wanted Gauge cluster overlays, they are now posted!
    7g for life!

Hey i was just goin to ask you if it was allright if i used your designs as im goin to play with them some in photoshop. I was goin to change the HAVC controls and also do something with the speedo and tach like have galant across them. Just wanted to ask permission before i start borrowing your work.

By all means man! Thats why I scanned/posted em!
    7g for life!

Allright ill post them here after im done with them. Also what paper do you usally use when you print them? And have you found any colors that just dont seem to work?

*Edit-Ok well i just read the DIY topic and saw the EL Sheets witch i think im goin to use. But other than that is there any different paper? Like does it need to be transparent or just regal paper?

*Edit-Also can you just print to the EL Sheets or do you need to get like a clear vinal to print to and adhere to it. Also do i need to get it laminated? Cause i read on how to cut it but couldnt see what the difference in laminated and raw was......Never mind found my answer, so that humidity and other things dont come in contact with it.

You cant find print on the el sheets, you would put the el sheets behind the gauges to light them up. I am going to pick up a few different types of transparrancies and see what works the best. You could use regular photo paper, but the light wouldnt shine through unless you cut out all the marks and numbers which would be a huge pita.

Ill post up some results tomorrow on what I find out.
    7g for life!

Just doing some googline. Instead of the El sheets, you could use el wire and just run it on the back of the gauges. Found this:

El wire is tons cheaper then el sheets.

http://www.importmodifications.com/m...templates.html

Im going to try some transparencys, plain paper, matte paper, maybe a high resolution paper. Will have to see what CompUSA carries.
    7g for life!

Hey do you have all the gauge cluster scanned together? Im trying to drop a back ground and i want to make sure i lay it right and it not be offset. I tried to align it but was havin some problems with the oil and gas since there a little smaller.

Also the thing bout the el wire is depending on how you layed it i would think it would make part of the gauges glow brighter than others. Im goin to go get some more paper as i can get alot for free. Im goin to get some plain, transparent, high resolution, photo translucent, and a few others prob about 10 different types of paper and see which print the best and which light the best.

I picked up some high resolutio paper and matte paper today. The matte paper looks best and is more of a cardboard type paper, but probably wont let the light through.

I think this process would be best, 3-layers:

1) Black backround on high res paper, just with the numbers/marks in white.
    2) White high res paper, print anything here that you dont want to light up
    3) Transparrancy, print anything here you want to shine through, numbers, marks, ect.

I think that would be best? I need to pick up some transparency paper and maybe some photo translucent paper if I can find that. I work for Canon who makes all kinds of paper, but I dont get free paper :(

So far the gauges look awesome just on high res paper, just need to figure out how to make it so the light shines through in the correct spots.
    7g for life!

Quickie:
    7g for life!

I would do it in three layers too.

First, i would do my back ground on a light paper nothing to heavy so the light can get through.

Second, Print the marks on a translucent paper so you can distinguish how fast your goin,

Third, anything that you dont want to appear on a heavy matt paper.

One other thing you could do is make the matt paper the background get a exacto knife and cut the numbers out of it so that the numbers are the only thing that lights up and the matte paper would be a very low glow.

My friend is helping me out with this to and were lookin at making a type gauge like the aftermarket for the 99-2001 that have the extended gauges. Only thing is we are trying to figure out a way to extended the needle out alittle bit and have it be accurate. Plan was to make a matt papper. Then get some clear shade openers and getting the matte papper with the el sheets behind them. Though the more we look at it the more difficult it gets.

how do you make sure your needles are in the right place when you put them back on?
    I took my tach needle off and then spent 2 hours trying to get it back in the right spot....

Before you take them off turn the key to the on position and mark where there position is at then turn the key off and take the needle off. Then when your putting them back on you just turn the key on and put the needle's back on where they were when they were in the on postion. The only difference would be your engine temp. gauge as that varies on if you had just droven it or not.

make sure to use a high quality paper. when I did my gauges back in the day, i did notice that in less than a year, the epson glossy paper that I had used was starting to yellow. not so obvious in the colored areas but obvious in the areas that were still white.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Ya i dont plan on those i now that any type of glossy paper doesnt really like uv light and makes it fade fast. People have been tellin me that they make a bright uv resistant paper that is guarented to last up to 5 years. He said he saw it at comp usa and that he heard some people have used it for flyers that they have posted out side. Has anyone else seen this paper?

i have used that paper at work before when i was making a flyer. i dont know where we got it from, but i can find out

use a non acidic paper... it will prevent the yellowing and the fading...

***guess my mothers constant babbling about scrapbooking actually came in handy after all.***

know that noise you heard outside.........
    does anyone have the scanned images of the gauges for a 1998... i wanna make some custom gauges, but my scanner is in storage, and being the daily drive that my galant is, its a bit much to tear down my gauges...

whenever i do that sort of thing, something comes up... so ide like to keep it to a min.

i tried clicking on the links at the top, but i get an error... :(

thanks much... mike

alexstayboostn
    i get the same thing too.. im really interested on this post because my cluster does look boring.. some1 update and help... please!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast