The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aftermarkter HU Install

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Aftermarkter HU Install

OK, I bought an inexpensive Jensen HU to replace my factory HU. Speakers aren't going anywhere and neither is the amp.

I already have all the parts I need to do the install but I have a few questions before diving in

1. How do I remove the center piece? Does it just pop off? Jimmy it w/ a screwdriver?

2. I have the Infinity pkg. Will I still be able to use the center channel?

3. Is there anything else I should know before starting (lessons learned)

Thanks guys.

Btw, if you're curious what I got then check it out. The only reason I got this is because I had wanted a HU w/ an SD card and USB reader.
    http://www.cardomain.com/item/JENMPA6611X
    330ci

oh yeah they were able to price match it for $134 8)
    330ci

Experienced TGC Member
    1-Yes. That center console piece pops right off. There are 4 clips i believe. 2 on each side. Start at one side and move to the other.

be careful, i brooke 3/4 clips and its held in by roof tar lol buts its easy it takes 3 seconds to take out

You need to get harness to connect to your aftermarket HU. And there is one screw under the stock player that you need to remove (Anti thieft!).

TGC Regular
    To take off the center console, just rest the palm of your hand in the cubby hole under the AC and pull out.

Quote Originally Posted by devgrp
    To take off the center console, just rest the palm of your hand in the cubby hole under the AC and pull out.
    This is confusing. Stick my hand in the cubby hole and lift up and out? Is that what you mean?
    330ci

Re: Aftermarkter HU Install

Quote Originally Posted by spicytuna
    OK, I bought an inexpensive Jensen HU to replace my factory HU. Speakers aren't going anywhere and neither is the amp.

I already have all the parts I need to do the install but I have a few questions before diving in

1. How do I remove the center piece? Does it just pop off? Jimmy it w/ a screwdriver?

2. I have the Infinity pkg. Will I still be able to use the center channel?

3. Is there anything else I should know before starting (lessons learned)

Thanks guys.

Btw, if you're curious what I got then check it out. The only reason I got this is because I had wanted a HU w/ an SD card and USB reader.
    http://www.cardomain.com/item/JENMPA6611X
    1) The center console does just pop out, be gentle like everyone said and pull one side at a time.

2) We answered all the questions about the center channel in your previous post. That's why you bought the punch 3.5" speaker we recommended.

3) disconnect your battery if you're going to be cutting any wires. If you short the radio wire, you will blow the 10 amp fuse under the hood in the yellow cover. This is guaranteed, as about 500 people have done it and asked a question about it on here

4) If you're not using the MITAH adapter we told you about in your earlier post, locate the online service manual and look for the wiring diagram for the infinity system. This will tell you what color wires go to each speaker from the amp to the DIN plug. This will not be an easy wiring job if you don't get the MITAH adapter. However, if you do use the adapter, you'll lose the ability to fade
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I decided against purchasing that center channel speaker thats why I'm asking again. I'm more concerned if my new HU w/ the harness will still work w/ the center channel.
    330ci

Quote Originally Posted by spicytuna
    I decided against purchasing that center channel speaker thats why I'm asking again. I'm more concerned if my new HU w/ the harness will still work w/ the center channel.
    Yes if you buy and use the MITAH adapter all your speakers will work. Otherwise you got a bitch of a wiring job to do.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Thanks! Thats the answer I was hoping for. :)
    330ci