The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G DUAL EXHAUST

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

He wont really lose power if all he does is after the cats, its just unnessicary weight, a single 3" will out flow his engine and is almost too big for the V6. The backpressure however is regulated by the smallest most restrictive part of his system. Remember its not backpressure that makes the torque its velocity, backpressure is bad period, but a smaller tube will increase velocity without imparing flow. With headers this is imperative since thats the main development of velocity. I have no exhaust system past the cats and there is no loss of torque becuase its velocity comes from the manifolds and everything past the cats is just to keep it quiet and route it out the back of the car. The same theory's hold true for the intake, why do you think the intake manifold runners are so long on our engines. Because with the longer runner it builds velocity going into the engine.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

which is why i didnt specify usdm...
    lol

Why get so technical about losing 5 or 10 hp

Its a 1 and a half ton car

you'll hardly feel a gain of 5 hp, or a loss. If you're that worried about it, only ever run it with under a 1/4 a tank of gas and it will offset the difference quite happily.

Duals would look the part, go for it. If you did everything for performance, you wouldn't be driving a galant - its that straightforward.
    1994 E84 VR4 V6
    Single turbo conversion
    Fulltime RWD w/ mechanical LSD

Fun times 8)

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ako
    Why get so technical about losing 5 or 10 hp

Its a 1 and a half ton car

you'll hardly feel a gain of 5 hp, or a loss. If you're that worried about it, only ever run it with under a 1/4 a tank of gas and it will offset the difference quite happily.

Duals would look the part, go for it. If you did everything for performance, you wouldn't be driving a galant - its that straightforward.
    except some of us, the ones that are in tune with their car, can feel it. and idk how you can justify feeling the loss of power after a mod......

...especially a mod that implies you make more power when it's stealing some instead...rice
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Another way you can do it is by installing a dynomax turbo model muffler with a single inlet and a dual outlet and put a set of tips and you will be done like reelax did, wont look bad and wont kill you engine just make sure you put some smaller pipes like 2"

Also P, what type of HID's you running on your ride cause on that sig damn you car has some bright ass lights
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    except some of us, the ones that are in tune with their car, can feel it. and idk how you can justify feeling the loss of power after a mod......

...especially a mod that implies you make more power when it's stealing some instead...rice
    Amen to that.
    I can feel any loss or gain. As much as i drive i can even feel a difference if my stuff in the trunk shifts a little...

Skitt2112
    When I was looking into a dual ehaust I looked at running 4 individual headers into either an x pipe or an inverted Y but didn't know if it be worth the pain or not.

THere is no point in running dual exhaust on the car....you wont gain anything more than you would with a single outlet. The car is not setup to be a true dual so it would be a waste to tell you the truth. No 4cyl is setup to be a true dual. Now before you say....what about the TSX and S2K and a couple others 4 cyls from the factory....they are not real duals either. They split at the rear of the car. All this means is there isn't an even flow out both exhaust pipes...its basically for looks more than anything else

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12