The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: rattling sound from brakes

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

rattling sound from brakes

i have recently intsalled my hawk brakes and powerslot rotors. and i have been hearing some rattling sounds coming from my brakes and it stops everytime i press breaks so something has to be loose. i didn't put any shims, so i dont know if that is the cause of it. i put so brake lubricant directly on the back of the brake pad. could someone help me
    The island G

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: rattling sound from brakes

Quote Originally Posted by islandG
    i have recently intsalled my hawk brakes and powerslot rotors. and i have been hearing some rattling sounds coming from my brakes and it stops everytime i press breaks so something has to be loose. i didn't put any shims, so i dont know if that is the cause of it. i put so brake lubricant directly on the back of the brake pad. could someone help me
    make sure everything is tight. put some muscle on the wrench... you should be good. i dont have shims on my car either but the brakes dont rattle.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Experienced TGC Member
    Make sure the dust shield is not loose. See if you can wiggle it around.

the dust shield is tight. i believe the sound is coming from either the rotors or the pads. is it bad if i put the brake lubricant on the pads instead of the shims
    The island G