The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: If there's one thing I HATE about my G

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 121
    my beefs:

the plastic piece that is supposed to switch from cold to hot air breaks easily
    the interior lighting is really weak

2011 Camry- 202 miles- just picked up 9/10/10
    2008 Pontiac G6- 26,065 miles- traded in
    1999 Galant ES- 91,846 miles- long gone

Guys (and gals), you gotta realize Mitsu USA was suffering from CEO scandals, 3 years of pointless de-grading (yes, I said de-grading, check the 99 USDM brochure) research from the jdm version, and mediocre designs teams when working on the USDM 8G. Want proof? They had a lot of stuff to think about at the time so it's no wonder stuff you see on Mazda6/Sonata/Accord/TSX/Altima/Legacy was not present on the 8G (or 9G). Granted, Mitsu USA believes a standard 5 spd only belong to less than 10% of the owners in America but my niece drives a Hyundai Sonata with 5-spd and my dad drives a 6 spd Altima. Less than 10% my ass!

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    lets not even start talking about the overly powered 4g64,the cracking plastic dash,the rattling glove(i replaced the striker and the lock and it still does it :evil: ),the paint chipping off my mirrors and door handles

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    Guys (and gals), you gotta realize Mitsu USA was suffering from CEO scandals, 3 years of pointless de-grading (yes, I said de-grading, check the 99 USDM brochure) research from the jdm version, and mediocre designs teams when working on the USDM 8G. Want proof? They had a lot of stuff to think about at the time so it's no wonder stuff you see on Mazda6/Sonata/Accord/TSX/Altima/Legacy was not present on the 8G (or 9G). Granted, Mitsu USA believes a standard 5 spd only belong to less than 10% of the owners in America but my niece drives a Hyundai Sonata with 5-spd and my dad drives a 6 spd Altima. Less than 10% my ass!
    even though it was cheaply made, wasnt it still mitsubishi's best selling car?

2011 Camry- 202 miles- just picked up 9/10/10
    2008 Pontiac G6- 26,065 miles- traded in
    1999 Galant ES- 91,846 miles- long gone

i see at least 50 galants a day, one thing i hate is how i see other peoples galants sagging in the back, lower than my car. another thing i hate is NO POWER BAD GAS MILEAGE i must repeat. also, my gas door, it broke, a $120 job for the body shop that i usually get GOOD deals from.

but look what u get? no other sedan in this category can compete with that? problematic or not. yes, i love my galant, i chose it over a 06 mustang GT!!!!
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

yea the interior lacks some style, and the transmission is not very good and the car is not available in 5 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    not enough space for people in the rear..

on the 8G. 9G has a lot of room.
    to bad 8G's are sexier.

Quote Originally Posted by solofantasy
    stupid fuel door is made of plastic... mine just broke... gayness
    Can't help about the hinges but Karbon Kreations on eBay will make a CF/kevlar/fiberglass gas tank door in your choice of colors for something like $100.

And as far as auto windows; I think the LS and GTZ came with em, cause mine are auto. However has anyone noticed that the driver side windows' power to raise goes to hell when the window is wet?

The front wheel drift turn is all well and good for solving high speed turning radius problems, but how does that help me park in my tight ass apartment garage? =(

To help those noticing crappy gas milage; if you're still N/A, I noticed a slight increase in fuel efficiency after installing an aftermarket intake.

TGC Regular
    The high speed shaking and half open/closed glovebox are my main problems. One good thing, the cup holders can hold the biggest cups.

cup holders are good, i have the base model and i have auto driver window. also, new problem. creaking driver door

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    i guess the looks is just the good thing the 8G has.. other than that, it's just another sedan..

What i hate:

Glovebox... What happened to that thing, it rattles it comes loose and the lock breaks

No dome light for the rear

I kinda like that there is no "oh shit" grip..... its a funnier sight to see pll grabbing at anything for dear life.....lol

Rear seats dont go down, but that can be a plus for security vs system theft

Thats it for now.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

I love the car (for the most part)
    but...
    1. I hate the fact that I can't remove the f'ing axle from the hub.
    2. The center speaker sucks butt
    3. my rims have that clear coat peeling.

Quote Originally Posted by cntrylvr79
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22
    i like the way it rides, comfortable front seat.

just wish we had the window controls that a single press rolls them all the way down, instead of having to hold them down...

ya, thats my main complaint. LoL
    that problem is easy to fix. Just get 2 530t's. That will give you 1 touch up and down on all 4 windows.
    True Dat
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

this may be a silly question, but what are 530t's? relating to the window problem.

OMG you guys are whining for nothing...

the glovebox issue can be fixed by removing the huge metal plate inside it.

about the U turns , it'l never beat a civic or compacts, but i have 16 inch on it and never had any problems making a U , have to sometimes reverse it, but it IS a sedan

as for the lack of power and gas milage, well it DOES have potential, unlike other cars

i would say the biggest problem is the auto tranny and intake manifold

now theres some serious shit

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    one more thing i hate about my G, why can't i beat a 350Z?? heheheheheh :twisted:

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    paint (i have a black G)
    all the rattling from glovebox/sunroof with my bass
    interior lighting
    water easily getting into foglight housing
    front fender cut so high, thats why the gap looks soo bad before drop
    wish the middle of the seat folded down and not pass. side in the rear, or whole seat if possible

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    the way it feels like your towing a bus full of people when you have two people in the back seat...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87
    the way it feels like your towing a bus full of people when you have two people in the back seat...
    SO TRUE!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast