The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ITS HERE!!!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 200

ITS HERE!!!

i couldnt standby and let the eclipse guys have all the fun with the 74 so i bought one and finally got here after an agonizing two days (came from vegas to utah) but it only had 51k on the motor and came with a six month warrantee as well. i stripped it down and inspected every inch of this thing sans the rotating assembly. here are a few pics. hopefully i can have this done by the end of the week and get numbers up because after the tranny swap the car became something vicious, well i would love to see it with this 3.5 under the hood strapped to the manual tranny. this thing is like new, the hash marks are still in the cylinders and the tops of the pistons are coated with carbon which means this thing was driven by some old dude who needed a big car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Glad that you are setting the G up. Couldn't see the pics though I got all red X

Pics dont work

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

damn nice man. Pics dont work though. This is a swap i'm looking forward to doing in the summer.

so it finally came huh?

pics dont work

pics should be up now. im putting it back together tonight and may be dropping her in.

looks sweet man. I want to know how much more your getting exactly out of 74. I'm not joking im even more turned on to getting the engine now. But will be set when I see some numbers of this in the G.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Why not go with the DOHC 6g74 out of the SL?
    7g for life!

i spy a big ol' fmic.... maybe just maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Why not go with the DOHC 6g74 out of the SL?
    you know, i thought about that but remember they run dsi so i would have to get some major tuning done to run with those heads. you know that mitsu made a 74 with dohc heads but they are still dsi. plus im so amped about having this motor in that i just want to get it running with the vr4 360cc injectors and 255 walboro. i have an emanage with a boomslang harness to tune with so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by J53113
    you bet your ass im boostin this thing. im gonna get numbers for now with it being NA but hopefully she will be boosted by the spring. that front mount is 31x12x3 yeah its huge

oh shit I just said something about this swap on GF. lol.

Amazing dude. I can't wait til you drop this in. Show us some vids when you drop her in there. Its going to be amazing. Its going to be a beast.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    thast sweet bro cant wait to see it installed good luck with everything

ok quick update. just got done cleaning up the motor a lil bit. everything looks so good that you could eat off the piston tops! next up are the heads then on to the motor install. i should have this pulled off before the end of the week. dyno numbers will come a day after the install. thanks all for being so supportive. i would have had more done but this weekend was my girlfriend's birthday sooooo....

here are the heads.

got some things to take care of in the morning but after that its game on!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot
    Quote Originally Posted by J53113
    you bet your ass im boostin this thing. im gonna get numbers for now with it being NA but hopefully she will be boosted by the spring. that front mount is 31x12x3 yeah its huge
    I'd love to see that FMIC fit into your car. I like your swap and hope it makes good power, but that FMIC, without getting rid of alot of stuff, including the A/C condenser and the crash bar, its not gonna fit too well. I had a hard time getting mine to fit which is 28x8x3 and I had to cut a big chunk out of the crash bar and get rid of the A/C. I think it might fit if you ran a Cyber 1 front bumper because they seem to get alot of clearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Where in Vegas did you get this from?
    Love,
    Matt

got the motor from All Foreign Auto Parts 1-800-797-4607 they have another one that has 64K and is also $500. check them out and talk to brian as he was the one who sold me the motor. they are pretty cool up there.

WarmAndSCSI
    We'll see how fast it is now! Maybe you can keep up with me for a few more feet :twisted:

Give me a call when you're putting everything back together, I'll help you drop it in.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast