The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ITS HERE!!!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 200
    Holy shit, i just spent three hours reading the post on club3g about the swap. Looks promising, cant wait to see your NA numbers. Looked like Dragon was having problems with his setup, I hope yours is smoother.
    Love,
    Matt

what did you clean the motor w/?

i cleaned the motor with polishing bits on a high speed dremel. took a lil while but i got the pistons done in one night. i start the heads here in a few hours so it will all be back together tonight no matter what. oh check this out i was digging through some videos and found my dyno vid for the 6g72 where i put a measly 168 to the wheels. im not too but hurt about the numbers as a 400hp 06 GTO only put down 280. so i know it reads a little low. but check this out

i cant wait to hear what the 74 sounds like at full throttle

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    got damn!!!! you lucky bitch.. not you don't have to bitch about lack of power.. congratulations man!!

awwww shit :twisted: the motor went in with no problems at all. this thing fit in the engine bay like it belonged there. big shout outs to tim for letting me use his garage and helping me with whatever i needed. it wont be playtime until later this week when the downpipe is rewelded to fit this gargantuan. even though i couldnt truly get on it, it felt worlds beyond faster with much more low end. i had to drive almost 40 miles back to my house after the install while never going over 3500 rpm and oh what a tease that was. more pics and vids once the downpipe situation is taken care of.

very nice bro...i didnt kno u were a 5-speed
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

hell yeah and to tell you the truth thats really what started this whole thing. no one with a galant has gone manual with the 74 so i thought would give it a try turns out that this thing is going to kick ass.

wait you originaly had a v6 to begin with right??

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    wait you originaly had a v6 to begin with right??
    yeah and with over 109k on the odo it still was rather fast for a virtually stock v6. to put it into perspective, before i did the swap i raced warmandscsi when he was stage 1 and kept up almost too well. so i cant wait to get this thing tuned so that we can compare again. im estimating about 210 to the wheels.

dang man.. and you got a 74 from a diamante... damn i'm jealous.. why not a VR??

well honestly i have based a lot of my knowledge about mitsu's on their v6's. i like the way they sound and the way mitsu put them together. the evo swap would have been a lot of fun to have also but i think that with the right hardware this motor will serve its purpose and hand out some ass whippins

well said..if i had some cash i would get a VR jdm.. but heck that would be a lot of work on my I4.. might as well save up for and evo or head swap.. but congrats again.. next post some #s (dyno)

will do. remember their is an alternative to the evo head swap if you cant find one for a reasonable price. i read a while back that kia uses a head that is very similar to the evo head but of course the cam profiles are much different. i think its in the spectra. im not sure but i would definately do some research because that would be a marvelous improvement over the stock head for the 4g64. you would even be able to use evo exhaust manifolds and run a small conservative amount of boost with a light tune and get great results. but always always do your research.

yup i've read the same thing too.. kia optima 2001-2005.. talk about kia head would bring lower comp compared to the evo head.. making it very promising for boost.. the only thing is there is still no turbo kit for such engine.. but i also read at the evo forums that they experimenting with our 64 blocks... hmmm. pretty good huh.. but spectra.. don't know bout that yet.. will do look for info.. thanks man..

no you're right thats what i couldnt remember. there is no turbo kit for the optima but like i was saying you could use the stock evo manifold or get an aftermarket one that fits the evo head. people have been boosting the 4g64 for years now unbuilt and have had promising results. just dont go overboard with the boost.... unless you build it.

nah man.. still waitin for a succesful kia head swap.. with the kia head you can get a bigger combustion chamber.. but no one has really came up with it yet... not that i know of..

Very Nice Work!! Congrads man. Looks like a very fun thing to drive now. I hope you used a good flywheel and clutch.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099
    Very Nice Work!! Congrads man. Looks like a very fun thing to drive now. I hope you used a good flywheel and clutch.
    yeah the flywheel and clutch combo didnt change just yet as it does just fine for now. the only thing is is that it has not been very pleasant here with the weather so i cant even get on it all the way and plus i need to tune it out a little. i got my boomslang harness for the emanage and finished wiring up the rest of the harnesses myself to save a little cash. so hopefully if all goes well then saturday will be the day for dyno pulls and more pics.
    here it is before the injector and ignition harnesses

here is my work

i used the red heatshrink so that it would standout and so it wolud be easier to identify my work.

Nice work!

Wish the Boomslang harness was around when I did my eManage install :(

HOLY SHIT drybear where you been? did you ever get the tranny swap done and working? i would love to see what you would be putting down with everything working together. hey i need a favor since you did your emanage, is pin 42 the injector ground or do you know? i have to make one more splice for it but the diagrams are a little sketchy so im just trying to verify. thanks man and good to hear from you

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast