The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ITS HERE!!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 200
    as you should already know our car is much lighter than percieved. i only assumed what it weighed before i went and got it done but i also weighed it after the tranny swap and if you have ever felt the auto tranny with fluid in it while the torque converter is full then you know you are dealing with an excessive amount of well... shit. that thing weighs over 150lbs! and yeah i was out of the car but that what curb weight is.... sans driver. so yeah its light and torquey and pisses evo's, 350z's, and modded 3.5 se 5spd altima's off daily! i got some kills to post 8)

i love the sound of thhe 6g74
    you can really hear the stroke

I put an intake on my father's diamante a while back and it just sounds soo sexy.
    Those motors have a lot of pull too, even in the behemouth diamante. the gearing on the diamante sucks though.
    bet on a 5 speed galant they woudl be a ton of fun.
    congrats on the swap.

time to start making some real numbers.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    wow!!! nice to know you're satisfied with the outcome.. btw which tranny were you using again??

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    wow!!! nice to know you're satisfied with the outcome.. btw which tranny were you using again??
    i got lucky and found a tranny out of a grandma driven strat r/t with only 4k on it.

What year stratus? I haven't been on the forum for a while. I didn't realize they would fit in our G's.
    Current Upgrades:
    M3 Mirrors, Sony Xplod Head, AMP, and 2 10" subs, Custum Carputer {90%}, 7" Xenarc monitor, S7 Guages, Push Button Ignition, Tien Springs
    On The Way:
    Wheels, Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by j.math99V6
    What year stratus? I haven't been on the forum for a while. I didn't realize they would fit in our G's.
    it was an 02 stratus r/t. its the same hardware as the eclipse's so naturally everything works just fine.

Damn I'm jealous! :evil:
    Happy for ya, man!

hey check these out. i plan on putting these on after my magnecore's come in. but the 74 has been very good to me so i thought i might dress her up a little.

finally found the time to make a sound clip of a fly by. its not the greatest but there will be more later. this is with no cat, a 2.5'' HKS exhaust, and an intake. sounds like a NA rb25!

wow that was a pretty sick ass flyby. Sounds like you are putting some power down w/ the 3.5.....I'm happy you like the swap!

HIDS look good 2....

thanks man. like i said i plan on making more time for taping more flybys, dyno runs, street fights and more before the week is up. i just cant get over how different it sounds from the 72 though. while we were taping it sounded like a 350Z coming at first then it passes and all you hear is the angry 74 :twisted:

WarmAndSCSI
    Sounds great! My car should be done in about a week!

Damn, I better go snag that other motor from where you got yours.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    sounded like a monster.. good job man!!!! ride in the dark huh.. cool..

wow, Im very impressed.. exhaust note is absolutely sick..

seriously interesting.

Thank you! :smt038

And please continue. :smt045
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

That has a great sound to it, awesome job with the swap and keep up the hard work.

Experienced TGC Member
    That sounds fucking unbelievable.

alright, so i threw on the valve covers and magnacore wires and went for a little drive. it seems that my car attracts more attention everytime i accelerate. a modded BMW 325i with a CF short ram, stage 2 clutch, and remus exhaust rolled up and i guess he wanted a piece. we were going about 40 and he proceeds to downshift into second and start rollin on me while im in third. he gets about half a car then i just fly by him. this of course intices him to want more info on the car and why i just pulled on his m3 lookalike. we talk for a bit and i convince him to race me on the highway from a second gear roll. her is the video. the first race is my friend in a built turbo D16 civic pushing 10lbs.

the next race was also a second gear pull against a modded RSX type S with a race header, 5 zigen cat back, CAI, and tune. he didnt do too well either

but here are the pics of the valve covers on with the magnacores

WarmAndSCSI
    Nice kills... engine bay is almost there. Glad to see that you've got a proper intake now

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast