The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ITS HERE!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 200
    thanks guys for all the compliments but remember this thing has just started. i ran it at RMR (rocky mountain raceway) at a midnight drag event and posted a morale crushing 15.7 @87mph. this track is such a ego destroyer because mildly modded evos were running 15.2's and shit. so if i am right this is a 13sec car at sea level! i had to launch at 2k and still lit up the tires, i let out and got it to grip but not before rolling through the 60ft at a lackluster 2.6. this track also blows because they dont prep it even in the slightest for these events. they (the events) are basically to take our (the imports) money and keep us off the streets. anyway RMR is some bullshit and everyone knows it too.

hey matt, i did my pads and rotated the wheels but i know whats going to happen to those in a few weeks. i really hope Les Schwab gets my rims in at least by the end of next week. its getting much too close to mod for me to correct any mistakes like if the wheels are the wrong offset.

leicoolya, yeah my buddy's civic is actually fast and damn near stripped to the paint. he didnt let off at the end he just hit his governer but anyway i have something for his ass here in a couple of weeks like i said i will make 300 whp N/A

damn i had no idea that any car hit its governer at 100?? and a civic for that matter either way great job on the swap

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    matt how much faster was yours when you had the SDS system?

but the car is mean :twisted: good work man.
    I'm not VegasMatt, but I can give you some idea as to how fast BJ's 74 swap is. I'd say it's as fast as my car was stage 1 SDS. Stage 3, however, has me running low 14's at this shitty track of ours, which is expected because of the 110 HP difference. His manual would put him way ahead if we had equal crank HP levels.

BJ, do you mean 300 WHP uncorrected? Because that would extremely impressive. I estimate about 250-260 WHP on that dyno of yours if you're doing a full N/A build (that would be with ported/polished heads, fairly aggressive cams, headers, and high compression pistons and would be a 70 WHP gain). But I guess that would put you at 300 WHP @ sea level.

edit: and by the way, you've got to get a video of my car on the dyno @ MOD if they are indeed doing a dyno shootout or whatever. I want to see everybody covering their ears

WarmAndSCSI
    Just another comment on your swap, so everybody realizes how much power is able to be made out of the 6G74. This engine is rated at 205 crank HP in the Diamante. BJ is making 191 WHP at this altitude in the heat, which is over 230 WHP at sea level. I'd venture to say the Diamante, being an automatic, dynos at about 170 WHP stock since it has about 10 crank HP on our automatic Galants (which dyno around 160 WHP stock). He's already got an estimated 60 WHP on a stock Diamante!

Good work man! 8)

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    I HAdn't seen this thread. it was fun reading your progress. congrats man. kinda makes me want to have a v6 so i could do the swap. doing it from an i4 would require a lot more changes. congrats.
    -Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    I HAdn't seen this thread. it was fun reading your progress. congrats man. kinda makes me want to have a v6 so i could do the swap. doing it from an i4 would require a lot more changes. congrats.
    Exactly but it'll prolly be a bit cheaper than turboing an I4.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    man you are completely right because i still have not spent over 5k yet and thats in its current state (including the stuff sitting in my garage waiting to go on). these cars have a lot of untapped potential and if you put your money into this platform wisely it always shows its worth. mine just tends to piss off stock evos and 350Z's so i must say its well worth it and i would do it all again.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    man you are completely right because i still have not spent over 5k yet and thats in its current state (including the stuff sitting in my garage waiting to go on). these cars have a lot of untapped potential and if you put your money into this platform wisely it always shows its worth. mine just tends to piss off stock evos and 350Z's so i must say its well worth it and i would do it all again.
    pissing those guys off is a nice treat. My car is slow so i can only imagine their faces and how it feels. HAHAHA ROFL!!!
    -Pedro

i really hope that in the midst of all this i have been helpful enough to anyone that has asked me questions. i would love to see another 6g74 powered galant running shit but for now it is kinda cool being one of the fastest. i just cant wait until its nearly done....then ill boost it!

oh hey just a sneek preview of whats next for the NA build. mmmm i cant wait.

yeah thats the stock 52mm on the right, looks kinda silly now.

just put the ingalls stiffy on as well as the st sway bar. i like this car more and more everyday.

and dont say shit about my tires, they were up front before. but on the real they are getting replaced tomorrow with hankook z212's

For the stiffy did you need the part from mitsu that went with the eclipse tower bar? I have the stiffy sitting at home still in the box unopened, I thought I needed the extra part.
    Love,
    Matt

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    For the stiffy did you need the part from mitsu that went with the eclipse tower bar? I have the stiffy sitting at home still in the box unopened, I thought I needed the extra part.
    BJ ended up mod'ing those circular braces on his strut towers. He drilled the two holes where the studs would be on the eclipse bracket.

boost...

which diamante engine did you get exactly? I cam across a couple of engines for a good price and wanted to pick one up. Let me know if ya can.

Phil

Back in the Family!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    boost...

which diamante engine did you get exactly? I cam across a couple of engines for a good price and wanted to pick one up. Let me know if ya can.

Phil
    I ended up with an 01 engine that had only 51k on it. if you are referring to the different trims as far as the vr-x and the standard model, the engines are the same its just the exhaust and tune. if you pick one up let me know and i can be as much assistance as you need.

ok i will let you know. Thanks!!!

Back in the Family!!

I'm thinking about it seriously too. Do you think you could e-mail me a parts list for the swap. I finally have the money so it's eaither a Diamante swap or turbo. :twisted:

TGC Regular
    Just kinda curious ? :) What PSI has someone ran upto on a stock aplication with the I4 8g ? i wanna get a turbo. and do a minor head swap. without having to build the botom end, But not mess up my engine. Which turbo would u recomend ? And has anyone actually done a Optima head swap ? How is it ?

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse97526
    Just kinda curious ? :) What PSI has someone ran upto on a stock aplication with the I4 8g ? i wanna get a turbo. and do a minor head swap. without having to build the botom end, But not mess up my engine. Which turbo would u recomend ? And has anyone actually done a Optima head swap ? How is it ?
    What the fuck does this have to do with this thread? We're all running V6's here. Swap in a V6, then you can chat with us big boys.

Go read up on Club3G for a lot of information concerning boosted 4G64's. I think the stock 4G64 block can handle 10-12 PSI safely.

TGC Regular
    "Noobs gone Wild", these new guys are just asking questions left and right without even searching. Wrong sections and already answered question, go to club3g, ask the same question and watch yourself get burned.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast