The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: warpping rotors

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

warpping rotors

I have a problem with my rotors warping all the time. I replace them they warp within 2 weeks i turn them they just warp in 1 week. I know everyone is going to tell me its my drivin. Or my calipers might be sticking causing the pad to rub cotinuosly on the rotor. I have tried driving all kinds of different ways doesnt help. And i have checked and rechecked the calipers. Guess my question is does anyone else have this problem? And if so what route did you take in fixing it? I was thinking about getting drilled or slotted rotors or both.

make sure your lugs are torqued 81 pds.make sure when u change or turn ya rotors make sure you change pads at the same time.
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

clean , lube the lugs with antiseieze, torque them to spec,
    make sure all the moving poins in yoru brake system are properly lubricated.
    than mean s slide and guide pins, and yoru caliper clips.

very very immportant is that you flush out yoru brakeing system wiht fresh fluid.
    clean, fresh dry brake fluid is the key to even brakeforce distribution.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    clean , lube the lugs with antiseieze, torque them to spec,
    make sure all the moving poins in yoru brake system are properly lubricated.
    than mean s slide and guide pins, and yoru caliper clips.

very very immportant is that you flush out yoru brakeing system wiht fresh fluid.
    clean, fresh dry brake fluid is the key to even brakeforce distribution.
    x2 Cosigned.

Edit: You also don't want to forget to clean the hub and rotor hat, not to mention the hub on the back of your wheel to ensure that everything is bolted up evenly and correctly. Afterall proper torque is meaningless if the rotor sits on the hub unevenly.

follow the proper break in procedure for the brakes too. if you don't follow that, you could be on the road to warpage when you just drive the car.

another thing, you sure its your rotors that are warping?> it might be another problem that you might be overlooking.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thanks guys.
    Did not think of the proper torque. Just did what i do with all my cars, through the brakes together properly then slap the wheel back on and wrench down on it.