The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My friends LONG dyno day for his GVR4 *56K...oh Noz*

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

My friends LONG dyno day for his GVR4 *56K...oh Noz*

Well a friend and fellow GVR4 owner went to Central Florida Turbo yesterday to get his GVR4 dyno'ed after installing his new motor 4 days ago. He made 413whp / 433 wtrq on his old EVO III 16 setup. He built a completely different motor and setup, here is a little summary. (I won't disclose everything due to respect to his request)

2.0 ltr
    Custom 10:1 Ross pistons
    eagle rods
    BC280 cams,springs,retainers
    JMFab intake
    Shearer exhaust
    GT35r
    FIC950`s
    AEM

Anyways he drove the car hour 30 mins to get the car dyno'ed. He ended up making 400whp on his base dyno run on a tuning map is made up prior to his dyno. He progressively made more power each pull but had some issues on the first couple pulls, but after fixing them and making adjustments...the car started to make some big numbers. He didn't notice that with the 10:1 high compression pistons...when it tried to lean the a/f it didn't respond too well. They responded to him richening things up and started making some serious power. On his last dyno pull he made 593whp / 420wtrq ....mind you this is all on pump gas (93 octane) with methenol. The car sounded real healthy and POWERFUL...so he made a couple adustment on the lower RPM's to spool faster and fine tune the upper rpms. Well...on his last pull at 30psi @8000rpms a spark and coolant started to shoot out in intake manifold area. We inspected the car to see what happened and I noticed the Tbelt was loose...very loose. We got the car off the dyno and did more inspecting and come to find out that the bolt for the eccentric tensioner pulley came loose and LUCKILY skipped timing by 1 tooth. We tightened things up and cranked to car over to see if the motor froze up but it cranked but you could definitely here a blown head gasket...# 2 and 3 cylinders. This happened around 8pm and it was just the owner of the dyno and me and another GVR4 owner left and we tried to figure out how we get help our friend out. We decided to take the injured monster to my friends John's house since he only lived 15 mins away to get the car fixed there over night. My friend John left to get his garage ready for the car and it was me and my friend Tom waiting for AAA to pick up the GVR4. After waiting an hour they sent a regular tow truck...NOT meant for a AWD car. He called AAA and spent several minutes trying to convince them that his Galant was ALL WHEEL DRIVE and needed a flatbed truck. Well me and him waited another hour in my GVR4 for the flatbed to come pick up his GVR4. Anyways...it was a all nighter, but he was able to pick up a headgasket from Autozone and slap it on and the car started right back up 10am this morning. He made a hour 1/2 trip back up without a issue with the car. Anyways...I thought I would share some pics of the very fun day yesterday.

BTW: His final pull when the pulley gave out...he made
    598whp / 435wtrq all at 30psi on pump gas w/ methanol with 11.3 a/f with 11 degrees of timing. :twisted:

Getting ready to dyno:

Signing the Galants life away :shock:

Dyno pulls:

On the 3rd pull..there was too much pressure on a coolant going to a relief tank that it shot coolant. The tank was too small..so a good ol' Pepsi bottle did the job, JDM hotness 8)

First good pull after fixing the early issues:

The dyno pull right before the pull when the tensioner pulley decided to pop out.

Galant support

My friends injured monster getting on the flatbed

Arriving at my friend John house

Getting ready to pull a all nighter on #1468
    [/img]

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I love how GVR4's automatically have a name once you get one. lol.

Anyway, impressive numbers and a hectic night man. when is he due back at the dyno?

30psi on pump gas :shock:
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

almost 600whp.. HOLY POWER BATMAN.. damn.. damn damn wow.. i wanna the see this g on the track
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Experienced TGC Member
    I want a GVR4 I love that body shape

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    600 ponies on a 2.0L....doesn't get any better than that 8) 8)
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Methanol works WONDERS! Without that Meth he wouldnt have been able to run more than 20-22psi with that compression ratio. Awesome numbers!

Can you ask him what %duty cycle his injectors were on during that 600whp pull?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

fuck a V8! :shock:

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    Methanol works WONDERS! Without that Meth he wouldnt have been able to run more than 20-22psi with that compression ratio. Awesome numbers!

On 950cc injectors..IDC was at 55%

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Wow :shock:

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi

On 950cc injectors..IDC was at 55%
    Is he running a regular AEM EMS or does he have the independent injector controller added to it? That duty cycle is nice. My old standalone sucked ass, I was making 450whp on 720's and they were at like 90%.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    jesus and here i am thinking my 450s were fine
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd