The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: '95 turbo... is it worth it?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

'95 turbo... is it worth it?

i recently found a post on club3g that stated that a company out of florida might be producing galant turbos. specifically made for the car... this is what i found out...

but my question is... is the $4279 worth it?

"i am really interested in a turbo for my 95 galant and will be looking into installing one here shortly. i noticed on club3G that you had made a post stating that you may be producing kits for the galant shortly... if this is available,
    1. how much is it going to be for EVERYTHING i need from you to install this?
    2. is this something that you can install if i make the journey down to FL to get it done?

Dear Mr. Goodman,

Thank you for showing interest in our product. The current turbo kit we are developing is for the 2000-2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse and 1999-2003 Mitsubishi Galant. Unfortunately the current design would not fit on your car, however if the car was brought in for research and development we could make one to fit your application. The research and development process would take approximately 2-4 weeks and would include full installation and tuning. The turbo kit itself would cost $3399, $600 for installation, and $280 for a complete dyno tune with printout.

Once again thank you for your interest and we would be happy to accomidate you with your application.

RYU TURBO SYSTEMS INC.

Experienced TGC Member
    Not worth it im my opinion. I spent half of what they are asking to turbo my car with parts found locally. Also any shop would tune your car for half that price.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Experienced TGC Member
    NOT worth it. DIY, the knowledge gained alone would be [IMownO] quite literally priceless.

well i have done all the work to my car so far, but for some reason, this is kinda freakin me out. its a big undertaking for someone with trial and error mechanical knowledge. i guess its just because i just dont understand how it installs and the involved in its operation... ive read all the threads about fuel/air, boost and whatnot and i guess i still dont get it. maybe im just slow or something, lol. i would really hate to get half way into it and then decide that its too much for me to do if you know what i mean

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    so you'd rather have a bunch of guys you never met, although they say they're nice, work on your car and prototype a turbo, leaving you completely unknowing of wtf is under your hood and how it really works.

DIY and save about $2000. idk about you, but that's a nice chunk of change, and the lesson you will get in the process will teach you more than your ENTIRE educational career ever did. for what you're getting, $4279 is absurd.....

it IS a big undertaking, and everyone on here would be lying straight up if they told you they weren't a little scared the first time they did it. do yourself the favor and be your own mechanic and wiseman, and do it yourself. the knowledge you're about to tap into will suck you in and become a new narcotic.

once you get bitten by the bug, you love boost for life. you'd be neglecting all the research and development accomplished through this board, where we've taken all the time and work to understand and work with every little niche and bolt on the 7g platform, to get the best running turbo setup possible.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Take your time and do the research and then piece a kit together yourself, once you break down the individual aspects of going turbo(the turbo, manifold, injectors etc.) you start to get a much better idea of everything that you need to get the job done and it makes things a little less overwhelming. Plus it gives you a chance to shop around for the best deals available. At least thats the way it's worked out for me so far. :) But hey do whatever you feel works best for you and hope that was a little bit helpful.