The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Bumper and Intercooler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

JDM Bumper and Intercooler

Does anyone know if any intercooler or what size would fit behind a JDM 98+ VR4 bumper? I just bought a built 6G72 motor so I'm now officially ready to start putting together a turbo kit.

Edit: If a mod could move this to Turbo forum, I just realized where I posted this.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Mine is behind the old style 97 VR4 bumper without A/C, I cut the bottom of the crash bar out and mounted the FMIC under it, so the face of the FMIC sits flush with the face of the crash bar. My FMIC is approx 28x8x3. and the inlet/outlet are centered. The newer bumpers appear to have more clearance. I wouldnt try anything thicker than 3" and I would try to get one with the inlet/outlets near the bottom, this should give better clearance for the pipe to clear around the lower edge of the radiator support.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Ok, I'm worried about the fog light molding towards the back of the bumper. The come back pretty far but I think I might have enough clearance. Thanks

Here is a lil tease of my new investment LOL!

Experienced TGC Member
    Better pics! Or better still, some SPECS!

Leave the teasing to women!

PS FMIC + VR4 bumper will make for a very very aggressive stance.

Fully built heads and cams, forged rods and pistons and balanced crank. Thats all I shall say LOL!

The motor came out of Guzzer's car from club3g.com. Its been sitting since Septermber or October. He was pushing 370whp w/ SDS Stage 3.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice. i have a second v6 30k miles engine sitting outside in the cold.

hey bro, my intercooler is 28" long x 6" tall x 3 1/2" thick and i got the same bumper and fogs, mine fit right under my crash bar and sits flush perfect, one things is the pipes on each side are hitting the bumper, so sadly you will need to get a dremel and cut some away from the back on the bumper, i have no problem with that since you cant see it except underneath the car, also my fogs have plenty clearance. hope that helps, if you need addtional pics or whateva PM ME im goign back to the shop saturday...if you dont mind how much did you pay for the motor? i needa build mine up next winter
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Wow sweet and that is great to know. I paid $1350 shipped for the motor. It has way more put into it then for what I"m paying so I'm happy w/ it. I was going to get the 6G74 but this came around and couldn't pass it up. Since the motor is done, I can just focus on boosting. With the 3.5 I was just going to go the N/A route since I was already getting great gains w/o doing anything to it.

I've got my work cut out for the next few months. The car is going in to the body shop next week for the jdm goodies 2 go on.

Very nice bro, buy my CF Hood
    The Altima

Quote Originally Posted by GoldGalant [Reborn
    ]Very nice bro, buy my CF Hood
    man, how much do you want for that hood? is it evo or monster?

hey blue, man that is a nice deal. we'll have to compare numbers after all the boosting is done on both of our ends. im dropping it back in on friday and getting dyno'd hopefully on saturday afternoon! GD i cant wait. fuck working all i wanna do is work on my car!

Yea man I can't wait to see your numbers also. I don't plan on putting in the new motor until the end of next month.

i had one made for my front end ... i forget the dimensions.. i thnk it was 27 wide 7 tall and 3 deep... ill go measure when i get home.. thats the one thats going into my new project which i will hopefully pick up this week... *CROSSED FINGERS* (i wanna have it to work on this spring break since i aint going anywhere)
    Diego

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    wow gonna be another monster v6. damn..

well, since we're discussing JDM bumps and intercoolers, I know the VR-G had a little trouble fitting a FMIC. But if It was to be hacked up like cut the grills, shave the inside of the bumper, completely remove the crashbar and remove the fogs... would an FMIC possibly fit or no?

sorry for the hack chris.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i have the vrg on mine it is definatelly a tight fit back there even if it were shaved but it is possible to do it couldnt use a colossal front mount but you should be able to fit something where the "fins" are i have to get a new crashbar made for it but eeven that will be kind of small and it seems there is enough room for ic piping either way the bumper will have to be hacked at a bit

that vrg wont fit nothing, thats the reason why i sold it, the most clearance jdm bumpers are the 98+ vr4 and the one stewi n kalmidad have
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    that vrg wont fit nothing, thats the reason why i sold it, the most clearance jdm bumpers are the 98+ vr4 and the one stewi n kalmidad have
    Ill prolly keep my stock kit then, just put a lip on it.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i wouldnt say it wont fit anything but it would definatelly take some modding and you would have to use something that could fit where the fins are probroblly custom made and not too large, but your right ron, its not the ideal bumper for a turbo setup the oneyou got is definatelly better for those who plan on going turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast