The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5speed: 6 bolt guts in a 7 bolt case

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

5speed: 6 bolt guts in a 7 bolt case

Hey I got tranny parts on ebay from a guy I know.......Now I think I might go to the junk yard and get a bad tranny and R&R(remove and replace) Do you think that it will work.... I am sure that it will...let me know what you think........
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    what
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    WTF

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

so you brought the wrong tranny and you want to go to the junkyard buy the right one but broken and take out the ebay tranny parts and pu it on the broken tranny :?: :?:

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattalicslvr8g02
    so you brought the wrong tranny and you want to go to the junkyard buy the right one but broken and take out the ebay tranny parts and pu it on the broken tranny :?: :?:
    yeah...that's what i thought he was asking...until i re-read it and became even more confused LOL
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

phizz2k
    So you want to remove the inside gears on a 6bolt trans an place them in a 7bolt trans case?

Let me tell you the eas way to do it.... Just buy a 7bolt tranny and get it rebuilt by a shop or just swap it ou with the auto and go... There is enough modifications to do with the auto to manual swap than to start playing around with the many parts inside the transmission... IMO

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    well first thing, the tranny's aren't "Bolt" specific. The flywheels are.

The parts you got off of ebay are probably the same parts you'll get out of the "busted" jy tranny. Even then, the only reason it may be busted is due to the clutch, which you would want to replace or upgrade anyway.

I think i said something to the effect before, and by no means do i want to smother you're fire for improving your 7G, but...

Sometimes i think you could save yourself a lot of headache.
    Sometimes it seems like you try to "Re-invent the wheel."
    and
    Sometimes i think T-double is headed for... T-rouble

Experienced TGC Member
    To answer your question 1g trans parts fit in the 2g case. Garry at mitsu graveyard has done it for a friend of mine. Do I think you should attempt it....hell no :mrgreen: If you miss one pin or mess up lining something up you would have just wasted your time and money.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

ok let me fend for myself.. I was in class and i had no time to check over my self.... Well I have the entire gear set out of a 6 bolt....for like 20.00 bucks......And I was going to build my own tranny I have built three dsm trannys and i have sold all three so any one that has a problem with me please let me know....Some people om this form do everything that you cam do on a 7g and I thank you for that but some just strive to be like others..... I like to be different.......and I am proud to be different so get your money up and keep moding....other wise have a good day.....and I don't want to just buy a regular tranny for a inflative cost.....when I cam build my owm.....all turbo tranny where I am @ are either tooo high or just mot worth it.....that is why i want to do it this way.....And I am not taking any shoots at anyone and I thank you guys for all you help and information
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Well if you got tranny building skillz like that then mad props. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.