The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: POWER!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    I've raced a 1999 V6 Mustang with my I4. Beat him by maybe car and a half...
    You are turboed then? i mean I4 beat a V6 stang sounds like a fiction to me.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solofantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    I've raced a 1999 V6 Mustang with my I4. Beat him by maybe car and a half...
    You are turboed then? i mean I4 beat a V6 stang sounds like a fiction to me.
    word.

you sure he was racing?? and not looking for his exit or something haha

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    hahaha you guys are funny.. same here man take it to the track.. cause you know that at the end of the race if you do beat him he's gunna come up with some stupid you cheated crap... so make it ligit... if he beats you so what, it's a stock galant... You still have many years to work on your G... think about the consequences before you race illegally...

I had a car that would have spanked both your car and your friends. 92 2.0L 5 speed. Straight piped. Nothing with a standard V6 auto could bet it unless they could do it from the line and to the finish. Just one thing trying to keep up with bigger cars. I went through 4 clutches and 2 trans cases in 2 yrs.

When I turned 16 I got to drive my Mom's Geo. When she wasn't using it. And when my brother wasn't using it.

If you really want to take him on the quarter-mile, my 2 cents would be to get a supercharger, high-stall torque converter, new exhaust system and some N2O probably wouldn't hurt. So yeah, yer gunna lose this first one. lol

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

If you hook you will be dead even with him stock. /story.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

okay 01 stock galant has 195hp and the stang gets 215? the only way you can come close is buy a good quality intake and exhaust then maybe you can get her up to 220 225hp if you lucky then just hope your car is lighter than his, street drags are stupid though, go to the track so other people can watch and laugh at you when you lose

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by minnesoshan
    okay 01 stock galant has 195hp and the stang gets 215? the only way you can come close is buy a good quality intake and exhaust then maybe you can get her up to 220 225hp if you lucky then just hope your car is lighter than his, street drags are stupid though, go to the track so other people can watch and laugh at you when you lose
    Dont be so negative man. I hardly doubt anyone is receiving a 25-30 hp boost just by adding Intake and Exhaust on a Galant . And besides, people say its been done before. So maybe it can be done. :?

everyone knows they street raced once in their. even granpa does, shit happens. shizzle, you gonna lose by the way..

has anyone heard of deserted back roads?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

my stock G LS smoked my buddys 03' silverado v8 single cab. a ford... come on... that aint nothing. had him 4rom the git go. me and two of my buddies were just chillen and the conversation came up bout my car smokin his truck. he didnt believe me, so we put it to the test. i let my buddy take the keys so i could watch the spectacle. man that was sweet. it was close but i had him by a car and a half. it was koo.

Listen, you both are little kids. Unless you want some serious complications from the law, your family, or something else even worse, just take it to the track. God forbid you just blow out a front tire, at 60 you are going to have some serious issues. Would you rather hit a tree, a car, a house, etc. head on or just smack a wall of a track? Street racing is fun, I used to do it a lot, but it comes with a high cost which can mean your life. Leave it on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy
    Listen, you both are little kids. Unless you want some serious complications from the law, your family, or something else even worse, just take it to the track. God forbid you just blow out a front tire, at 60 you are going to have some serious issues. Would you rather hit a tree, a car, a house, etc. head on or just smack a wall of a track? Street racing is fun, I used to do it a lot, but it comes with a high cost which can mean your life. Leave it on the track.
    x2
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

look i have an I4 with intake headers exhaust and i beat my friends 98 V6 mustang on a 40 mile roll...off the line he might spank you but on a roll you might get the upper hand...anyways DONT race on the streets...cops will get you...and you will loose your car...ever since i did my JDM conversion i have not raced in the streets unless nobody is around and the other person is an idiot and you want to shut him up...the TRACK is your friend...pay 20 bucks you get a nice number in your rear window and its SAFE!!!
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy
    x2
    x3
    way too young to be racing.
    and if you wanna beat a mustang, you might as well save up and go turbo, but race on the tracks, not the streets

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by alexvr
    why is everyone going down on this kid, if he races its his problem, he already has two parents and im guessing he doesnt need more....anyways im 18 and i got a v6 galant and raced a new v6 mustang on a 50 roll on the highway and beat him, i have intake and magnaflow muffler, carbon fiber hood, fiberglss fenders, fiberglass bodykit and no crash bar so its somewhat lighter, u get and intake and exhaust then race him on a 30 roll and ur car should pull on him, i "SOMETIMES" drop it in fiirst on a 30 roll and take off nasty but tht is fuckin up the tranny
    It's good to hear people are coming down on this kid. My sister was t-boned by some prick racing his integra. Killed him(not wearing a seatbelt) and put my sister in the hospital for two months. Take that shit to the track. I dont want to have to worry about some punk kid. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by cbwdevil
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvr
    why is everyone going down on this kid, if he races its his problem, he already has two parents and im guessing he doesnt need more....anyways im 18 and i got a v6 galant and raced a new v6 mustang on a 50 roll on the highway and beat him, i have intake and magnaflow muffler, carbon fiber hood, fiberglss fenders, fiberglass bodykit and no crash bar so its somewhat lighter, u get and intake and exhaust then race him on a 30 roll and ur car should pull on him, i "SOMETIMES" drop it in fiirst on a 30 roll and take off nasty but tht is fuckin up the tranny
    It's good to hear people are coming down on this kid. My sister was t-boned by some prick racing his integra. Killed him(not wearing a seatbelt) and put my sister in the hospital for two months. Take that shit to the track. I dont want to have to worry about some punk kid. Just my 2 cents.
    Amen to that! Sorry about your sis, is she alright now? I look it like this, if you kill yourself because you were illegally racing, I show no sympathy to you, your friends, or family, because you thought your life was worth that risk. If you don't get injured and get caught by the cops, I dont think anyone here wants to see you post about it in the "Graveyard" board. But if you feel that your life, someone else's life, or your car and criminal history is worth getting swamped by a pathetic mustang in an illegal race, go for it. Just remember, that if anything happens... good or bad, we will feel nothing for you. Just my .02
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

you prob wont beat him...it seems most mustang guys are dicks anyways everyone i know that has a mustang thinks there the best car on the road and what really pisses me off is that they all do the same things to them i have never seen a mustang and said "wow thats different". thats why i hate them. one of my good friends bought a 5.0 v8 stang, he raced EVERYBODY and thought it was the shit, so i took him to the track and beat his ass with my 2.4L!!!lol then he started sayin that his trannsmission was messed up, he spins off the line, tires are bald, blah blah bull$&!t. point is its not worth racin a mustang because if he wins he will never let you or anyone else forget it and if you win there always seems to be something wrong with his car...now i have never ever raced someone on the street before and dont become another person that acts like an idiot. please. take him at the track.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

TGC Regular
    Take it to the track or don't even race at all.
    I'm 18, don't have a car yet, drive everynow and then with parents car and I tell you even I don't have a lot of driving experience. You are JUST 16 and your friend is ABOUT TO turn 16. Getting beat or not beat isn't the case in this situation. Cars are fun to drive and can be your "friend" but using them the wrong way and they can turn on you. There can be so many possibilities that can go wrong more than something that will turn out right. Even if you don't break the speed limit there is always something else that can happen.
    16 and 15 year olds driving in the first place with their own vehicles isn't a good thing either. There just doesn't seem to be any sort of reason to stop them[you] driving a certain way since it's 'your car'.

Everyone says take it to the track... but personally. Wait a few years, save your money have both of you mod your vehicles if you want to and race then. It'll be much more worth it, so I believe.

Also you are still in Highschool or Junior High or however it works in America, you have many more years ahead of you. Racing can be saved for another time.
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    i'd still give it a try!! don't be scarrrred!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast