The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dashboard Lights are out

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Dashboard Lights are out

and when i press the breaks they light up... i have no idea what happened the only thing i did was replaced 2 bulbs. today... my back left tail light bulb and my center bulb in the back..... im driving home and as it gets dark i noticed my dashboard wont LIGHT UP!?!?! ... my front lights are on and working... but now for some reason my dash isn't lighting up when the fronts are on like their suppose to be... anyone have any ideas on what could have caused this?... i didn't unplug any wires or anything.. i just unscrewed the bulbs.. and replaced them in the back... how could that possibly mess something up with my dashboard.......... i'm stuck>.< help! i can't see how fast im going at night lol
    1998 Galant ES

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    sounds like a short.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

x2.. i had a 91 tempo that had that same problem, had to drive with a booklight taped to the steering colum to see my guages at night lol. (it was a $200 beater car, not worth fixing)

This happened to me about 2 weeks ago. Mine was a fuse. It was under the hood by the battery and was a 10 i replaced that and they worked fine. Might have just been mine.

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    This happened to me about 2 weeks ago. Mine was a fuse. It was under the hood by the battery and was a 10 i replaced that and they worked fine. Might have just been mine.
    Yep this was the problem, i took it to a electric dude, he found the fuse that was blown.. i have my lights now but now i get the opposite effect. when i press the break my idle lights go on. but the dash still works like normal.. lol
    1998 Galant ES