The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Why a Galant ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    Nick VR4
    Looks great and beats most cars on the road :thumbsup:

Now instead of a V6( we are too poor to afford the car payment) we are thinking about getting a 7g, still keeping it in the family

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

Price (very affordable), looks (like BMW) and my choice to be different (too many fixed up Accords, Civics and Acuras around here).

The first car I owned was a 6G Galant ES. Though it was 10 yeasr old by the time I purchased it, it was pretty sturdy. Then, when the 8G's came out I fell in love, but didn't believe that I'd be able to own one (bad credit). Well, I saved some dough and went to look for a car. I ended up at Nissan World trying to buy a 98 Acura TL, but the guy wouldn't sell it to me. So, as I walked the lot I ran into a 2000 Galant ES 4cyl (24k miles). I wasn't impressed by the power, but figured that the Europeans or Japanese would find out some way to modify it's downfalls, so I purchased it. I love my Galant, but I really need more power. I'm now waiting for the supercharger's release for the 4cyl.

mitsgalantes01
    I picked the 8g galant because i was looking for a good looking four door, car to have cheaper insurance and a car you dont see many teens driving or trying to deck/pimp out. I wanted to be different from all the others from my area. And im glad and happy with my choice.

Echo

Baby bimmer!

To be honest, the financing sold me. How can you beat 0% for 5 years?

I also alwyas liked how they looked a little like BMWs and were a fraction of the cost.

Being a little older I didn't want something that all the teens were decking out and I wanted a sedan-ish cruiser. The Galant fit the bill perfectly!

It looks cool and runs with attitude and would look so sweet when I'm done with some mods.

Each time I see it, I like it more and more.

It was the nicest car on the lot that I had any interest in I never had any urges to get a Galant, but I thought the styling was cool. My BMW was needing another $2000 in repairs (already having dumped $4500 into service) so I wanted to get rid of it. I went to the dealer one night to look at their buy here-pay here stuff cuz my credit isn't good and the dealer comes out and is like "so why are you looking at those? check out our nicer stuff. yadda, yadda" so I say no and he talks me into doing an application. Walks me out, says ok, if you could have any car here what would you take? So I look and point to a new Explorer. He says "oh, heh, umm that's out of the budget. What ELSE?" So he then drags me to a 90 something Chrysler Sebring. Butt friggin ugly. He's trying to sell me on this bigtime (must have sat on the lot forever) and I tell him nooo thanks. He actually looks hurt that I didn't agree that this was the most awesome car here The dude proceeds to drive me around to all their satellite lots (4 of em) looking for something I'd like. It ends up a tie between an 8G ES, 00 Civic ES and a Subuaru Legacy. I liked the AWD on the Sub, but in the end decided on the 8G. When I go to do the papers, it turns out the 8G has engine problems and needs shop time. I tell him nah and leave. He calls me the next day and turns out someone traded in a 99 GTZ. Drive back that night, see it and I'm like damn... where do I sign? Of course I was so enthralled with the car I payed no heed to rates and ended up signing into a five year contract at 20% APR for a price much more than book value. Damn, my ass is still sore hehe. Now a year later I've got a load of cash in the bank and finally gotten to where I'm only about 1000 negative equity on the car. I'm torn because I'm looking at a 2001 BMW 750iL. I could put my saving as downpayment on it and only finance about 13k or pay off the G and start saving again. Augh.

Supernova
    It was my 16th birthday car. We went looking for a car one day, looked a a Maxima, Avenger, Cougar, and one v6 Galant that was nice. But it had 72,000 miles on it and we think it had been wrecked(got real close to getting it to, but the sales person was being gay). So then we went to the Volvo dealership, they had a used 2000 Galant and my dad was like, "do you like this son?" And I said, "I guess so". I knew probally absolutly nothing about cars then. Well, now, I am so freakin glad I got the Galant. Wouldn't trade it for anything.... well......almost anything.

Tiptronic
    back in 96, my original pick was the diamante, but the way i wanted mine would take two weeks to get it delivered. i started looking around with my wife, who was in the market for a car at the same time. considering we had just got married not too long before, we thought it would be cool to have his/her cars. i got black, she got silver. even though i wrecked mine two weeks after i bought it, i still couldnt get over the torque and speed and cornering and overall feel of the car. needless to say, when the 99 came out, i jumped on it.

Iw as trading in My Jeep and I was looking for something still and the Galant looked at me with those puppy dog healights and said. take me take me. and there wasn't much else on the lot I liked and after looking at he engine and seeing all that room I was like it's something I can work with.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

escoson
    ive wanted one since i was 15 (now 19) so september 30th 02 i got a 02 es i4, i just love the look and how it drives, i turned down taking over my dads 01 ml320 for it in all i wouldnt trade it for anything i see alot of potential in it once the winter and snow has past

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12