The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alternate Glove Box Rattle/Gap Fix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    This thread is so simple but is really helpful. Thanks.

Just took mine out and adjusted the glove box. What was the purpose for the metal plate?

Boochieboy previously stated that he thought that the metal plate has something to do with protecting the airbag. an 8 pound metal slab seems like a nice protective shield

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    Boochieboy previously stated that he thought that the metal plate has something to do with protecting the airbag. an 8 pound metal slab seems like a nice protective shield

~Gabe
    Yeah, I just took a guess that it might have been to protect the passenger from the airbag maybe deploying accidentally out of the glove box instead of on top the dash........that was just a guess though.

This deserves a bump. The rattle doesn't bother me as much as the door just not lining up.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

For some reason, I've done all of this in the thread, but in winter the rattle always comes back fiercely. I've driven taking my glove box out but it still comes, so the rattle in my car is pretty much from the dash and not the glove box per say.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    For some reason, I've done all of this in the thread, but in winter the rattle always comes back fiercely. I've driven taking my glove box out but it still comes, so the rattle in my car is pretty much from the dash and not the glove box per say.
    yeah there are so many things that rattle in my dash that I kinda just want to take the whole thing out lol

Blog Entries
    Well lets just say I can't wait to start this tomorrow with that stupid metal plate. I mean seriously? No wonder people bitch when I hit them with the glove box...I almost feel bad about it now lol

Just lose that 8lb. on my G, haven't even done the second half, and it is magically working! Yay

Sorry for digging this up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12