The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mercury '02 Mountaineer rims fit on a 8g?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Mercury '02 Mountaineer rims fit on a 8g?

this guy is selling 18" rims that he said fit on his Mercury '02 Mountaineer. Is this the same pattern that'll fit on the 8g?

Experienced TGC Member
    prolly not

the bolt pattern is the same, but the rims off the mountaineer are designed for a RWD and the G's are FWD, so the offset are prolly way off from each other. If you stick the 18's from the mountaineer on your G the offset will prolly make the rims stick out from the fender...

depends on which mercury it comes off.the ones i wanted had the perfect offset but the centerbore is too small so if u down with getting them bored out get them but also ask obout how deep the center bore area is from the hub to the centercap or u might not be able to put the centercap on if the bearing pic sticks out.PM me the wheels and ill get the offset for u.

isnt that a suv anyway???if so hell no they dont fit
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

Quote Originally Posted by 00GalantMan
    the bolt pattern is the same, but the rims off the mountaineer are designed for a RWD and the G's are FWD, so the offset are prolly way off from each other. If you stick the 18's from the mountaineer on your G the offset will prolly make the rims stick out from the fender...
    A Mercury Mountaineer (Ford Explorer) have the same fitment as our Galants. In this case it is 5x4.5 with a high offset. The Mountaineer is a AWD vehicle, which means ALL wheels that fit that truck will fit most FWD applications.

Maybe its easier to say both vehicles are a high offset FWD/AWD fitment.

You will need to get hubcentric rings because the hub size is different, but as long as the wheel isn't any wider than 8" you should be gravy.

So again if that are 18x7, 18x7.5, 18x8 go ahead bolt them on, they'll fit no problems.

but the tires are what i'm gunna have a problem with so i'll have to get new tires right? b/c they seem huge....
    http://d.im.craigslist.org/VR/UV/PQH...Vu9mfLXVHj.jpg

yes u will need new tires 225 40
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    if they work, good find..

Quote Originally Posted by thealliance43
    but the tires are what i'm gunna have a problem with so i'll have to get new tires right? b/c they seem huge....
    http://d.im.craigslist.org/VR/UV/PQH...Vu9mfLXVHj.jpg
    yes, as has been said you'll need new tires.

225/40-18s to be exact. Which will cost at least $400, most likely more.