The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lost my keys

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Lost my keys

I lost my keys. I just called the dealership, they said its gonna cost 150 bucks to replace a key because of a immobilizer on the key and they have to program it. 150 bucks + towing seems like alot for a key. can a mobile locksmith do this for cheaper?? This seriously blows cuz i have my kid with me and i doubt the tow truck has a spot for the baby seat. help me out!! IM STRANDED!!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: Lost my keys

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards
    I lost my keys. I just called the dealership, they said its gonna cost 150 bucks to replace a key because of a immobilizer on the key and they have to program it. 150 bucks + towing seems like alot for a key. can a mobile locksmith do this for cheaper?? This seriously blows cuz i have my kid with me and i doubt the tow truck has a spot for the baby seat. help me out!! IM STRANDED!!
    yes a locksmith can program the key for you. i just got 1 made on saturday and it only cost me $65 to make and program.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

SWEET!! Thanks for the help, you just saved me $100 + bucks!!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    X2 good luck... you should invest in one of those magnetic hey boxes and keep it somewhere under the car...

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    hey...before you do this...you got the spare??? my friend use to be a locksmith(he quit around january cuz of all the bullshit his boss gave after 7 years)...he told me...to program it to be the same as the old key you need a spare...and considering we are both from southeast san diego...but i'm not sure if he has the computer and machine's still...i'll hit up in this post later tonight...just gotta know if you have the spare...but yeah...if you don't have a spare...it's all gonna be reprogrammed to a new one....

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    nevermind...he has no tools anymore...sorry guy...good luck...

thanks for the help man, its all good, I just went ahead and got it done. I just wish i got it for $65 like n3oAcid24.