The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car feels loose and wobbly when turning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

Car feels loose and wobbly when turning

Whats up people...

Lately I've been having this problem with my car that whenever I am on the highway or in a curve... While my car is turning my car feels losse and wobbly... As if something is loose or mest up down there in the suspension...

What can cause my car to feel this way...?

Another thing is that I am hearing this clunk noise down there as well... It normally happends when I am driving off from a dead stop or when I am driving slowly...

Whats going on with my car? :(

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    sounds like you need a new bearing... That's my guess

i think im having the same think froma dead stop.. wheni go stopping or accelerate i hear like squeeking from the suspension... they are chanigng my axles as we speak and they say it should take care of that noise. so ill let you know by tues how it is when i pick up the G
    Diego

When you say bearings do you mean wheel bearings?

Diego,

Let me know if that fixed the problem you were having...

yupp.. wheel bearings... or it could be the wheel hub...

Do the bearings on the 8G have to be pressed in?

Before replacing the bearings. Check out the sway bar links first. Also check out the tie rod ends make sure those are not extremly worn. If those 2 things are good then think about the bearings.

How many miles do you have? Could be your struts and shocks if you haven't replaced and they are blown.

Are their any other noises you hear? Whining? Grinding? Rubbing noises?

It sounds like a loose wheel bearing to me, but I don't see enough information to condemn that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 01blackG
    Before replacing the bearings. Check out the sway bar links first. Also check out the tie rod ends make sure those are not extremly worn. If those 2 things are good then think about the bearings.
    x2
    these could be the problem and check that the sway bar bushings are good as well.

Dont know too much about the bearings but the dealer just replace my rear one and it had nothing to do with the ability to take curves it just made alot of noice.

GLuck.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Quote Originally Posted by SLS2000
    Quote Originally Posted by 01blackG
    x2
    these could be the problem and check that the sway bar bushings are good as well.

Dont know too much about the bearings but the dealer just replace my rear one and it had nothing to do with the ability to take curves it just made alot of noice.

GLuck.
    Bearings can be loose, make noise, or both.

this is what happend to mine..

rubber piece tore which caused vibrations and clicing.. it was pasenger.. sound came from driver side but WAS pass. just got it fixed.. paid referbrished price ($3**) for a brand new one ($7**) felt so good.. straight from mitsu dealer.. with install and all! haha must pay off that we have 5 mitsu and getting one more... >)
    Diego

Diego, what rubber peice are you talking able? From the axle?

Right now I looked at my engine and I saw that both the inner and out boots are torn apart... Can this be what is causing my car to do this or is this something totally different? ( I think it's the CV joint )

I also looked at my front right strut and the top where it's supposed to be tightened, I saw that it is completely loose as in the rubber has been torn up...

Have'nt really gone down there to inspect things because it's a hassle with body kit and jacks and all that...

It doens't really click when turning and all that.. It's like when I'm going from a full stop it makes like a cracking noise and loud thumps...

both your boots are torn??? you need to fix those man.... all that grease is gunna dry up and ur axles will lock up or overheat causing some serious damage... You might as well replace the two axles in the front...

yeah man u needa replace both axles before they cause damage to the car or even you... the shaking and noise with me only happend going straight... taking a turn it wouldnt shake or squeek.... but its all gone now :)
    Diego

If it is clunking... It sounds like the half-shafts. especially if the boots are torn. very common.

One quick question... to replace the axles... it says ABS or no ABS... how do I know if I have ABS?

Go to where you can get some road space... Better if the road is wet... speed up to about 35 then slam on the brakes... If your wheels lock up and screech then you don't have it... If you hear like a humming sound and no screeching then you do have it... Or you can just call a dealer...

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    is it possible to have bad cv's even if the boots aren't torn?

yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast