The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car feels loose and wobbly when turning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffylou87
    Go to where you can get some road space... Better if the road is wet... speed up to about 35 then slam on the brakes... If your wheels lock up and screech then you don't have it... If you hear like a humming sound and no screeching then you do have it... Or you can just call a dealer...
    LOL that's retarded
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

One quick question... to replace the axles... it says ABS or no ABS... how do I know if I have ABS?

Three,
    If you have ABS the there will be electrical wire going down near the rotors and brake system. Thats the easiest way to tell you how to check for it. Because if there are no wires then you have no ABS. Other then that i dont know exactly what to look for because i have standard brakes on my G.

All ES's should have come standard with ABS brakes.

The simplest way to verify you have ABS is look at your fuse panel, if there is a fuse there you have ABS.

I also looked at my front right strut and the top where it's supposed to be tightened, I saw that it is completely loose as in the rubber has been torn up...

Also get those struts fixed thats a big part of the noise and steering problems your talking about. Can bet you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    the I4 or V6 ES's? cause I have an '00 I4 and it doesnt have ABS, but cant you also check by when you start the car there is an ABS warning light that should flash on.

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon Sunset
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    the I4 or V6 ES's? cause I have an '00 I4 and it doesnt have ABS, but cant you also check by when you start the car there is an ABS warning light that should flash on.
    Yes if you have ABS the warning light should be functional during startup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12