The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: never understood this

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

never understood this

alright.. i did a search and just found people talking about offset but i still dont know if i can fit these wheels..

im slammed.. literally.. and my rear fenders are folded so i clear fine right now.. im on 18s no rubbing.. well i wanna get some new rims and found some.. 18X8 and 18X9 offsets are F 30 R 35... i know staggered wont help dont tell me cuz i know all taht stuff... they are some special jdm wheels :) anyways, will i have to pull my rear fender a lot to fit the rear or willi t work? an dwill the front clear aswell?
    Diego

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    9" is wiiiiiiddee!! The rear wheel is most likely going to be outside the fender.

Yeah 9 is too wide.

maybe with a higher offset in the rear they will fit under the fenders... maybe a 42 - 45 offset in rear might help....
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

The 18X8 would be what you would have to use. +30 in the front will stick out around 3/8 to 1/2 an inch, it will not be in the fender. +35 in the rear with your camber set right will stick out about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. If you do some extreme negative camber you could get the rears to fit inside. Use this http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    even if the offset was 50, it wouldn't matter.. that would be too damn wide that it would rubb onto something.. maybe even your foot on the brake pedal!!! i've got 8.5 on 50 offset and i can't even turn properly anymore.. but the wheels were free so why not.. but 9s would be a big headache..

if you go higher then 8" wide then you have to worry about the wheel hitting the strut.. here is a couple of different ways to "fit" the wheel under the fender...

Quote Originally Posted by One Ton VIP
    I think a lot of folks are still confused as to what exactly radiusing involves... it isn't a matter of just rolling, or even pulling a fender to the point where its shape is altered.. it's about literally cutting a new semi-circular shape out of the fender. This is easy on front fenders where you only have to deal with a single layer of fender skin. But the rear fenders of unibody cars (and even lots of post-50s full frame cars) are comprised of both an outer and inner fender that are bonded together, and depending on how much you want to lower the car, and how much you want to radius up the fender, you may find that you'll also have to do a bit of tubbing (which is when you cut/enlarge the inner fender). Here's another diagram I made illustrating the differences in the type of fender processing pertaining to this discussion:

Now you'll see why radiusing a rear fender isn't as easy as people may think... and even more so when you've got a rear door that is in the way of your new fender opening.

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    need to log in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    need to log in!!!!
    ok ill remove the link what I posted is most of the info anyway

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

alright guys, thanks for the valuable info.. im thinking of pulling out both fenders since they are already bent in... so i dunno im going to investigate a little bit more so i can get onto fitting these wheels.. they are my dream wheels for a hella price... and the tire will be stretched since ill push a 225 in the rear :P we'll see what happens
    Diego

Whoa buddy 225 on a 9.5 wheel... dont do it lol... smallest size tire for even a stretched look on a 9.5 is 245.... 235 is pushing it but 225 hell na....
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!