The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Zeitronix Wideband O2 Sensor

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Zeitronix Wideband O2 Sensor

I just wanted to get some opinions on the setup, most importantly if anyone has installed a wideband and is tuning with it.

Here's a link to the site: http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

I just bought a Maft gen2 and will be installing it along with the wideband and I think i am getting a little confused on how I will be able to tune with the Maft
    compared to the wideband. If anyone could get me straightened out on this (dohcstunr i know you have a pretty good understanding of the Maft) I could use the help.

Any input would be greatly appreciated since I will be buying this after I get my next check.

Thanks, Joe

although i'm not familiar with the menu's and settings,

you will pretty much run the 0-5v output wire from the zeitronix to the wideband input wire on the maft gen 2.
    and i presume that you turn the option on for closed loop wideband tracking.

you basically set the desired a/f ratio, and the maft uses the wideband input to automatically tune your full throttle pulls.
    you can have it do this every single time,
    or you can record the data from a couple of pulls and then match the values in your high load settings.

so for instance, if you want an N/A target air fuel ratio of 14.7:1
    then the maft will add fuel and take fuel away at different points in order to keep close to that perfect number.

now outside of the wideband tracking... you will manually tune your low and your mid range values.
    you will basically log your zeitronix wideband signal(hopefully you have thhe rpm adaptor)
    make a half throttle pull. and look over your data. if the value at a certain rpm is leaner than your desired a/f then you add fuel at that rpm point on the maft.
    if its too rich, then you take away.

the easiest way to do this is have a friend drive yoru car, make a pull, while you log, then pull over make your adjsutments, and have him make another pull.

pretty simple.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Is there anyone else that has installed a wideband on their 7G?

Experienced TGC Member
    ngk afx wideband will do wonders and is only $220 compaired to the one listed above. Dohc pretty much told you how to tune the maft. btw the process is pretty long when trying to tune and is best to do late at night so you wont run into traffic.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i have the inovate LC1 wideband...not in the car at the moment, but i ran it with the turbo.....amazing wideband...loved the programmable voltage outputs for narrowband simulation
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd