The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "Diamond Edition" Bumper - what's it worth?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

"Diamond Edition" Bumper - what's it worth?

Have the oppurtunity to buy another facelift bumper for my E54A Galant, what you guys would call "Diamond Edition".

I can get one for NZ$250 which is about US$173.

I am going to buy it, but if I don't end up using it how much would I be able to sell it for shipped to the states? ie. How much do they usually go for in the US?

Cheers,
    Phil

Proto
    About $150-$225 here in the states.

Are they easy to come by over there? They sure as heck aren't here. There are a few of the facelift Galants around but they are all on the road usually and those which have been wrecked have usually be involved in frontal accidents.

If they go for the same in the states than they do over here then I guess it's not really worth shipping over.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I bought mine from Trigger for $240 shipped w/o fogs. $360 shipped with fogs. And they arent common here, as they didnt come on the US galants. Really only easy way to get one here is through Trigger or eBay.
    7g for life!

I see. This one is a complete bumper with the steel backing, fog lamps and the two grill inserts so everything needed to change from normal Galant to facelift "Diamond Edition".

Maybe NZ$250/US$173 is a good buy then.

Wonder how much it would be to ship a bumper from NZ to the US.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Probably at least $100USD
    7g for life!

Thing is, I'm selling that '94 Galant (pictured above) whilst keeping my '93 Galant (which is manual gearbox). However the '93 isn't facelift while the '94 is. To swap over the bumpers I would have to paint both bumpers as the cars are different colours. It may work out to be the same or just a little bit more expensive to buy the second facelift bumper, and that way they are both facelift. Although I don't think the new owner will care, given that I've swapped over the facelift interior into the '93 Galant.

Maybe I could sell my original '93 bumper, as it is identical to a VR-4 one with the bottom skirt/lip.

Any thoughts/comments?

-Phil

the bumpers are very hard to come by here too... the only people that have/ or had them are probably on this site...

i would probably just buy another bumper.. kuz if u swapped bumpers then u have to paint both bumpers which will cost almost the same plus ur removing two bumpers adding self labor...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Meh.. labour is nothing to me. I'm forever doing things to those cars. The '94 has its engine out and apart, inspecting the bottom end as it ran a big end bearing. It has reconditioned heads too and has done lower milage than the '93. Once I get the engine back together with new bits it will make its wait into the '93, and the original engine from the '93 will go into the '94 and then I will sell it :P

I've also swapped over the complete interior too - seats, doorcards, most the dashboard and interior plastics too. The bumper should be pretty easy to take off.

What about the standard "JDM" bumper with spotlamps, are they sought after bits as well?

Quote Originally Posted by fuel
    Meh.. labour is nothing to me. I'm forever doing things to those cars. The '94 has its engine out and apart, inspecting the bottom end as it ran a big end bearing. It has reconditioned heads too and has done lower milage than the '93. Once I get the engine back together with new bits it will make its wait into the '93, and the original engine from the '93 will go into the '94 and then I will sell it :P

I've also swapped over the complete interior too - seats, doorcards, most the dashboard and interior plastics too. The bumper should be pretty easy to take off.

What about the standard "JDM" bumper with spotlamps, are they sought after bits as well?
    no not really, but thats just my opinion. If i wanted to give my car a facelift i would most likely go for the diamond edition bumper... If ur willing to sell the bumper thats currently on your car with everything you get with it (I.e fog lamps and grill inserts), just pm me and let me kno how much
    7G SOHC 5SPD

i am looking for the sideskirts, the jdm ones, which i think viento came with.and i belive that the galant above has some on? take a side view pic
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

Proto
    from NZ shipping will cost more than $100

So I got the bumper.. paint isn't the best but that's ok because it will be repainted anyway.

looks like mine did b 4 i repainted it hahahha, any news on the sideskirts yet?
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

Nah I haven't seen any up for sale yet. I asked the wrecker I got the bumper from if he had sideskirts from the same car (bumper was from an E84A twin turbo VR-4) but turns out the bumper was just from a nose cut.

No doubt some wreckers will have them, but they usually charge alot. Best to keep an eye out on www.trademe.co.nz under Mitsubishi car parts.