Thread: Tranny Fluid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    TGC Regular
    no more hostility we are all family!!! :shock:

Lucas!

:mrgreen:
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Most Mitsu dealership use a BG Tranny System Flush, which includes a cleaner, conditioner and new tranny fluid. First the cleaner is poured in, then let the engine and tranny warm up for 10-20 min, then the car is lifted so you could run through each gear, turn off the car, hook up the flusher to the cooler lines, then start your motor again. The flusher will purge new fluid through while pushing old fluid out. On the machine you will see how dark your tranny fluid really is. After all the new fluid is in, then you put in the conditioner. I did my own at 100,000 miles and my fluid was like deisel oil (pretty bad). Ever since I haven't had any problems.

TGC Regular
    I spoke to the mitsu Service Dept and I told them my situation. The first guy said "I cant see how it will ruin your transmission, its like changing ur oil and filter blah blah blah" SO he said hold on let me transfer you to someone else. So the second guy comes on and i ask the same questions and he said it can absolutely ruin your tranny depending on how bad the fluid is. So he said bring it in and they will look at it. He said if it looks bad they wont do it, but he said if it looks ok they they will do. SO i said ok, but what if you say its ok to change adn all of a sudden now my tranny goes. He said im liable for the damage and I would have to pay for a new tranny.Thats would be weird cuz they oked the change u know. I still dont know what to do now!

Anyway I also asked him about changing the timing belt and he said for around 550 and I dont think that included the water pump. I wanna get the waterpump changed and the alt and PS belts changed. And he also told me that the waterpump doesnt need to be changed if it looks ok. He said it is pointless. But i said what if it looks ok u dont change it and then it goes a year or 2 later. Then i gotta pay for the waterpump to be changed. HE was like dont worry about it.

Should i call another dealer and see what they have to say?

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    browse around for now... but with the way things sound, that shop might not be too reliable.. just thinking, they haven't done anything yet to the car and they already are playing safe... i'd look around just a bit more.. good luck

I heard the same about water pump.

The only reason why most change the waterpump is being while you have the T-belt off it's a good time to do it; that is if your mileage/age reflects wear..
    If you don't get it changed and it goes bad your paying for the labor (again) to pretty much do another Timing belt job since it has to come off to replace it.
    It's just maintenance; and even though I won't let the dealer touch my car I wouldn't change it myself unless I had 100k+ miiles/ or my 2nd T-belt job because I know I can change it... but If I was paying someone to have it done though I would get it all done at once.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12