The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pull-A-Part

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Pull-A-Part

Ok so im going to pull-a-part this weekend and was wanting a little help. Ok im already grabbing a 1g head. I should also grab the cam angle sensor, coil pack(do the resistors come with that?). I also am goin to grab a idle air control valve. Now since im grabbing that should i go ahead and grab a 60mm turbo tb then? I know that even if i do get the tb i need the galant iac valve. Also should i grab the intake with it to? Pretty much i plan on taking the whole top of the 1g. 60mm turbo tb, intake, head, valve cover, spark coils, cam angle sensor.

So, so far this is what i think im going to get:
    ~60mm Turbo Throtle body
    ~98 Galant IAC valve
    ~1g Intake Manifold
    ~1g Dohc head
    ~1g Valve cover
    ~Cam angle sensor
    ~Coil Pack

Things i Want to try and get put need some advice:
    ~Turbo ecu-I need a 2g right? i have the wiring diagram
    ~Turbo Manifold
    ~Intercooler

Are there any other things i should get out there?

I plan on doing a head swap and then also plan on installing a turbo

man im doing the same thing....but mine will be on the 7g dohc mod the 2.4 dohc - t gsx......i posted a topic about it lol...

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    u all better be takin pics and planning for a tutorial.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You need the intake manifold and resistor pack. Probably will want a set of injectors as well. What ECU are you planning on using?
    7g for life!

well for me im plannng on using a 2g spyder ecu since im no going turbo on the 7g..........stock ecu for the other car :D

Well i do plan on going turbo after i get a new transmission. As for now I plan on adding the DOHC and also the ecu. I was planning on a 2g turbo ecu. So what i was plan on doing first was just changing out the whole intake. The Throttle body, Intake Mani, DOHC. Then also adding 450 injectors, resistor pack, 2g Cam sensor, 2g Turbo ecu. Also got a idea last night so i wouldnt have to solder the pins to the ecu. Could i just get the wiring harness and cut it and then just splice in the wires so its basically a normally wiring harness? And ill take some pictures at the yard and show some the parts i get. So does it sound like i have everything i need for the swap besides the Fuel controler? I already have cam gears, belt, freeze plugs, need to get bolts and on the bolts can i use the ones out of the eclipse? Cause basically i plan on taking everything on the head bolts wires rails everything. If i need to grab anything else just say somethin cause i feel like im forgetting something.

Ok well here are the prices let me know what you guyz think...

TURBO INTERCOOLER $16.75 $2.89
    TURBOCHARGER $39.59 $6.98
    THROTTLE BODY LARGE $22.62 $3.99
    INTAKE MANIFOLD 4 CYL $14.14 $2.51
    HEAD 4,6,CYL DUAL OHC $46.59 $7.25
    COMPUTER BRAIN BOX $26.10 $5.32
    EXHAUST MANIFOLD 4 $14.14 $2.51
    VALVE COVER ALUMINUM $11.31 $2.00
    TRANSMISSION 5 MANUAL $43.09 $11.82
    FUEL PUMP (ELECTRIC) $14.14 $2.51 one from a turbo
    =total $248.87!!!!
    Still got to get a cam sensor, coil pack, and a few other things for the head swap but over all dirt cheap!!! I love pull a part!

theres a few other parts but there mainly cosmetic like new dash, sunroof, and some gauges.

As for the injectors im goin to buy those new as they dont have any there.

hey bmxmike, what types of payments does pull-a-part accept? i havent been out there for a while and cant remember
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Well the one here accepts cash and credit card, they take checks sometimes but only if you go out there alot cause they have been getting bad checks and false checks. Now it may be different cause i found out apparently there not part of the Pull a part chain but there owned by the company i dont know i think the guy was just tryin to bs me cause i was making fun of him for forgetting to put the lugz on his tire and it started to fall off as he drove! I usually just pay cash cause i can get carried away if i take a credit or debit card, with money once im out i leave.

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    Well the one here accepts cash and credit card, they take checks sometimes but only if you go out there alot cause they have been getting bad checks and false checks. Now it may be different cause i found out apparently there not part of the Pull a part chain but there owned by the company i dont know i think the guy was just tryin to bs me cause i was making fun of him for forgetting to put the lugz on his tire and it started to fall off as he drove! I usually just pay cash cause i can get carried away if i take a credit or debit card, with money once im out i leave.
    hehe i hear ya lol
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Ya and the fact that there's usually a couple of galants, eclipses, lancers, talons and other imports out there that arnt touch it makes it so much worse! Cause there arnt that many guyz doin stuff with a 4g64 or 4g63 and most do stuff with american cars like mustangs and other cars so i try and get all i can with out goin over budget! And now that they got some good heads im goin to buy 4 and sell 3 so i can make some money for some more parts! What i'm really tryin to get is a MAFT Pro and hey buy each for 50 and sell them for 100 i should be there!

sounds like a good plan, here its kinda bad theres plenty of untouched dynamites and mirages, but the galants and eclipses gets picked clean, by the time i find out theres a new one, most of the good stuff is gone :(
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Man here i could see a car like a galant or eclipse somethin with the 63 or 64 come back a month later and it would still be untouched! Most people go over to the import place across the street not realizing that the could go to pull a part and get the part for dirt cheap instead of paying $100 on somethin they got there for $50 and in most the time better condition.

true true, once i get a job i plan on going to pull a part and buying everything i need for a 5sp swap, cause the tranny is only 43 dollars plus tax plus warranty
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Same here just holding off on that cause my friend still has my engine lift, i got a engine stand but wont really help on taking the engine out! Right now im goin to get for myself the 1g head, 2g ecu, parts for the head swap like cam angle sensor, and parts for turbo. I just plan on getting everything needed for turbo and hooking it all up then after i get it running taking the stock turbo out and swapping in a 14 or 16,

Man your lucky, at the places by me they screen the cars that come in and remove the turbos and any aftermarket parts before they even put them in the yard. :evil:

yeah, thats the same with me. we have pick n pull down here in north florida and they strip anything performance before they put them in the yard

Quote Originally Posted by frag_daddy_2007
    yeah, thats the same with me. we have pick n pull down here in north florida and they strip anything performance before they put them in the yard
    same here in texas( san antonio) :cry: :evil:

thats crazy i mean not alot of performance parts get in there put they usually dont take anything off unless they get a request for it. I found one time a dohc with 264intake and 272exhaust crower cams. I didnt get it at the time cause i didnt have a car and didnt no what car i was getting but if i would of known now i would of snatch them since they were only $50 all together and then id just have to buy the adjustable cams. I dont know they might get like that cause alot of import clubs are starting to pop up. Theres a club the G6hybrids and during the week days they split up and all they do is go search junkyards for 4g64 and 4g63 parts thats all they take i was supprised they didnt take ecu's cause i saw them at a local yard called the car yard and they had over $1,000 in parts and these are prices like pull-a-part and cheaper so you can imagine how much they had! they pretty much cleaned the yard out there though they havent found out where pull-a-part is yet and i kinda lead them in the wrong direction till i finish buying whut i need! then ill give them some directions! :twisted:

hem man if you dont mind look for a g4cs block for me.......my pick n pull doesn't have any....i mean if you find one give me the estimate with shipping....

also i need the eclipse ignition:
    coil
    coil pack

i need all the parts needed for the dohc swap for my 7g....the only thing i have is the 1g head

so i guess i need the intake with throttle...you know the missing parts other that the head it self

oh and 2 dohc valve covers....i have one but its an hyundai cover.....i might put it on but it's just for shits and gigles...

my area code is 78245