The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Head swap

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Head swap

Ok so ive been reading and im needing some help. To run the head im goin to have to swap the ecu? And am i goin to need a new water pipe on the front of the engine? Would it be better to go a head and go turbo right now then add the DOHC? For the spark plugs im needing a resistor a pack anything else? I keep on finding some info but most of it is just part lists and some of it is listed for rebuilding a whole engine and not sure if i really need it or not so help would be great.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You didnt need to make a new topic just for this question. But the resistor pack is for the INJECTORS and the injectors only. I would assume you can keep the '64 water pipe.

IMO, I would build the motor first then swap it in and turbo it at the same time. Just a medium build, Eagle or stock 1g big rods, Wiseco pistons, ARP fasteners, new bearings and gaskets, block honed, ARP headstuds, and Cometic headgasket. If you plan on turboing it, you will need a rebuild sooner or later so why not do it right the first time.
    7g for life!

Man ok im getting myself so confused. Ok so can i do everything without having to swap out my ecu is the main question? Cause its goin to be awhile before i get my ecu and if i can drop in the head and get everything working then i want to go ahead and do that but if i need the ecu then im just goin to take my time on it and send it off to get worked on cause i can get it cleaned and everything by sat. or i can send it off and get it done by another friend but would take a little longer and hes goin to do the same thing.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You would need an ECU off a car that has coil packs instead of a distributor. What year is your car? All 2g Spyder ECUs are OBDII. If your car is a 94-95 then it would be easier to use a 94 GS ECU. I have a 94 GS ECU I want to sell if you do have a 94-95 ;)
    7g for life!

Ive got a 98 and got my questions answered im goin to Use a turbo 2g ecu and use a 1g tb now lookin at the part for my 5 speed swap