The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions on AMG tuned 63s

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar

Questions on AMG tuned 63s

i've done a search all over and came up with different numbers.. the AMG tuned 6 G has 170hp n/a right?? have any members here got em?? is it even worth it.. i
    ve heard that they are very hard to find.. just wondering.. i just wanna findout more about the engine itself..

Experienced TGC Member
    You should probably consider trying the 6g section. Either way I would be very suprised if anyone on this board actually owns one.

i did search the forum.. no specific answer really.. but just curious about it..
    i mean i found this
    http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2709/article.html
    but that's it.. good compression too..

You should probably consider trying the 6g section. Either way I would be very suprised if anyone on this board actually owns one.
    That or the International section because I think theres only like 2 here in the US.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Why are you curious? That motor will not bolt into your 8g.
    7g for life!

2 in the u.s.?? wow.. that sucks.. i guess it's not even worth looking for if it's only 170hps with 10 comp.. but thanks though peeps..

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

Re: Questions on AMG tuned 63s

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    i've done a search all over and came up with different numbers.. the AMG tuned 6 G has 170hp n/a right?? have any members here got em?? is it even worth it.. i
    ve heard that they are very hard to find.. just wondering.. i just wanna findout more about the engine itself..
    AMG 6g Galants have a N/A 4G63. AMG 6g's basically have different exterior pieces which were "smooth" compared to the Mitsu "rippled" side moldings and a 3 piece wing. Also the AMG 6g's had very high quality interior treatments...1 being actual REAL woodgrain. I believe the AMG n/a 4G63's produced more HP than the regular n/a 4G63's. Performance wise..a VR4 would rape it all day long 365 days a year. Though..its rarity is what makes them special and being the last car AMG put their hands on before they became strictly to Mercedes. I believe there are a couple thousand AMG Galants that were produced...most being in Asian and Austrailia and some have made it to Europe.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

My friend has three of the things. Pretty rare indeed.

They make 170bhp with a 10.4:1 compression ratio over the normal 160hp 10.4:1 4G63 engine (found in E33A VX-S/VZ-S) and the 145hp 9.5:1 found in the rest of the models.

The camshafts are hollow and have a lumpier profile, also the ECU is tuned with more agressive ignition/fuel maps. On the manual models the redline is 8000rpm while the automatic models have a 7500rpm redline.

They come in two types - Type I and type II. Each type has different bumpers, interior, rear spoiler, wheels, grill and indicators.

I had some AMG orange lensed corner indicators on my old 6G, they were pretty hard to find.

Here's a site which has brochures (in Japanese) of the AMG models - you can see both types and the trims/specs they got. http://www.vr4.co.nz/amg.html

I would absolutely love a AMG type I with manual gearbox. That, and a E38A RS VR-4 is the other 6G I would have in a flash.

As a side note, my E54A '93 Galant VX-R is almost as rare as the AMG, with only about 1000 models being made - they have factory 2L V6 MIVEC-MD 200hp engine, big brakes standard and close ratio transmission on the manual models.

They are very rare!!!! Being a former owner of a 90' Galant GSR(which I think is even more rare than the GSX), I always dreamed of getting one of those. In my native country Venezuela, Mitsubishi sold them as the MITSUBISHI ZX only 93-94 production year. I don't know about the engine...I think I was the normal DOHC 4G63 they put on the other galants 89-93. The interior on the AMG was two tone leather (Black and gray) It had real wood pieces on 4 doors and a matching wood shift knob. 3 piece rear spoiler......etc etc...BEAUTIFUL!!! As far as I know, most of the AMG were sold in INDONESIA and almost all were automatic trans. For a regular aspirated engine that car was considered to have serious power in those years. The only car offering more power was the GVR4 sold in the U.S. and the GVR4 sold in japan with the Cyclone engine.
    Last edited by dmdvzla; 01-27-2009 at 10:18 PM

2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTZ

170ps was also achieve with a tuned 4-2-1 header, EDM style Cyclone IM, 60mm TB, and 260/264 cams with 10mm/9.5mm valve lift.

There are a few numbers of 1G out there with those camshafts(Cam ID mark "G" on both cams).

German tuners make 168hp on their ecu tune 6G and almost 200hp on the track!
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals