The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clear rims

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    The concept of the rims is cool. That car up there is garbage.
    -Pedro

these were at SEMA last year and the company that make them is D'Vinci Forgiato:

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C10295/

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b...6e003197c3.htm

my problem with the clear wheels is that you get no brake cooling at all through them, just solid polycarb...
    and i hope that isnt a DD because with those stock rotors he wont be stopping very fast

Rims not bad but car :smt078

You should see the video of him burning out.

Experienced TGC Member
    Im no chemist, but those wheels are obviously made of some type of plastic, correct? Now wont the plastic warp and begin to burn from the heat generated by the brakes?

:smt011 :smt011 do ppl actually think this monster truck looks good....so sad, they should of just donated the money to a charity :smt011 :smt011

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    The clear rims are cool, but cars with big rims like that are just stupid. Also 6G72Galant the rims are said to be maid of the same material as space shuttle windows. So they can take more heat than the breaks can make.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant
    Im no chemist, but those wheels are obviously made of some type of plastic, correct? Now wont the plastic warp and begin to burn from the heat generated by the brakes?
    They are made from 2" thick Polycarbonate.

those shits are ugly....i dont care wtf they are
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    those shits are ugly....i dont care wtf they are
    word!!

ugly and very impractical. think about having to clean the shit that builds up behind those things...every three weeks! Fuck that. :smt019 :smt068
    7G SOHC 5SPD

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    Rims not bad but car :smt078
    I'd say it is the other way around. The car is kinda old school, I like that.

Experienced TGC Member
    RedGalant2k1 Posted: 09 Mar 2007 05:07 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6G72Galant wrote:

They are made from 2" thick Polycarbonate.
    Iok. But wouldnt there be a problem with brake dust building up on the inside of the wheel? I just dont understand how people find rims that huge and clear sexy. I mean, maybe itd be cool if it was a race car racing at nite, and you could see the calipers/rotors glowing from the heat. But that just looks kinda retarded. And why would you have huge ass rims, but have tiny ass rotors? Thats like me buying a Ford F650 and stickin 18's on the bitch. It just dont look right.

No actually they got the idea from star trek
    Transparent Aluminum.

whaahhahahaha! :smt078
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

phizz2k
    ha ha... Money to Burnnnnnn...
    Whatevs, Its his dough so I think it's funny and proably fun to ride in... Tons of attenition and instant panty dropper for the ladiez on the strip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12