The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pulled the ROM from my ECU using EVOFlash...opinions?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Pulled the ROM from my ECU using EVOFlash...opinions?

i purchased a tactrix cable and downloaded my ROM from my ecu...opinions on the maps anyone? i noticed my tuner didnt scale my injectors which might be why my gas mileage blows. :x

also, just wired up my aem uego to a serial port so i can start logging with evoscan with wideband readings. i also found it interesting that it works on all mitsu's. i was aware it logged on 2000+ mitsu but not on the 7g's and 99 8g's. i was able to do some logs on my 99 daily driver without a problem. very cost effective if you plan to tune your own car and have a lap top. just need to purchase a tactrix cable.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

wow, ill have to check this out then
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member
    I heard the Evoscan can only read 1 bank on the V6.

BTW Do you have a pic of the stock EVO Ecu map? If you don't I'll upload it tommorow. I would try to match it as much as possible.

Also what ECU are you running?

evo

i am using ecu flash and evo scan too but it didnt work on my friends gst evo scan i mean...

anyway what injectors are u running on the evo motor?? can u post a bigger or post a link to ur pics as i want to tune my ecu but im curious what a tuned ecu looks like versus untuned.. With the evo ecu i saw u can mess with the wastegate control and boost which is nice..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

i have a 2000 galant and i the taxtrix cable, what ecu do i need?

You can log a 2000 ecu but not flash it. BUT!!! the news is that the creator of ecuflash has found a way to do this. So in the next release 2000 ecus might be a possibility
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

ecu

supposedly most 2001 - all 2002 to 2003
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Re: ecu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    supposedly most 2001 - all 2002 to 2003
    100%
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    I heard the Evoscan can only read 1 bank on the V6.
    That would make sense, actually majority widebands will only read either the front or rear bank. The only dual sensor wideband Iknow of is the fast dual..

For NA - Stock Inj - Head work - intake+exhaust.

Here is a little example of the map changes of my 03 Galant ES.

I felt the changes immediately, and was well worth it.

My plan is to boost 10 lbs with ONLY the stock ECU for control.

There are MAF settings that correct the ailment in the stock MAF "limitations" (namely it is set WAY low) of air flow. Injector scaling to correct the output and timing of the injectors, and of course ignition and fuel maps.

Just get prepared to READ A LOT.

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=2286