The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: polishing my rims help

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

polishing my rims help

I wanted to polish my rims today. I got the mothers mag polish and that polish ball. I did a lil part of it but im not seeing a difference. I just want to do the lip but I think my lip has a clearcoat on them. If there anything out there that will polish my rim with a clearcoat or should i just remove the clearcoat and just polish the rim. oh yeah...how do i remove the clearcoat without scratching my lip if i go that route??

you shouldnt have a problem, my buddy has clearcoat on his rims and they polish up just fine with that mothers ball. try using some brake parts cleaner on the rims to get all the road and brake residue off first... seems to work well

TGC Regular
    Its actually better if they have clearcoat on them, cause that will be easier to polish than metal.

If your rims are pretty hazy the polish isnt going to be aggressive enough. You need to get some rubbing compound, and then use the polish after that.

And if they're really bad you should use the compound with that "flitz-it" tool. It has strips of cloth which are more aggressive than the foam one.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

sounds silly but ive done it on my own car once before when the clear coat started to fog up on the rims. Try spraying some black magic on them, and wipe of the access. What every is in the tire shine actually restored the clear coat to its origanal shine. The only down fall is that it needs to be reapplied almost everytime you wash the car and also it tends to collect dust 10 times faster.

Also I know its silly guys, but it did work at then time. And i only ran across it by accident whn shining up the tires. Also i have new rims now!!!

For anyone who has metal on your car I'd recommend using Eagle One Never-Dull. Thats the best product the start with on your wheels. Think of it like a clay bar for your paint.

Than the mothers (or Eagle One) polishing compound along with the powerball will make the wheels look like new.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    For anyone who has metal on your car I'd recommend using Eagle One Never-Dull. Thats the best product the start with on your wheels. Think of it like a clay bar for your paint.

Than the mothers (or Eagle One) polishing compound along with the powerball will make the wheels look like new.
    I also use Never-Dull. It works really well, took off all of the salt and dirt residue from the past snow storms. Still have to use the powerball to make it more shiny.