The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: g4cs engine specs.

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

g4cs engine specs.

Do any of you guys know the exact specs for the g4cs engines? Because there are at least
    2 older elantras in my local junkyard with complete engines and i would rather get a 6 bolt
    block to build than a 7 bolt. Any info would be appreciated.
    Joe

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    g4cs came in the Hyundai Sonatas. Its just a 2.4L DOHC 6bolt motor. Similar to the 4g64 GS motor, just in 6bolt form. Has 1g big rods and the same pistons as the 64 Galant. No modifications needed to bolt up to a 7g other then modding the driverside motor mount perch, just like the 1g in a 2g motorswap. What else do you need to know?
    7g for life!

Ok so it's a DOHC engine ... then i'm pretty positive that's what both of them had in it. I couldn't remember if it was single or double overhead cams and I couldn't find any info on the cars themselves.

Building a stroker motor?
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

That's the plan, now I just need to find out how much they want for it and if I can find someone to help me pull it.

what is the deal with the DOHC? is it really worth the swap? what does the extra cam do?

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    That's the plan, now I just need to find out how much they want for it and if I can find someone to help me pull it.
    so you're building a 2.4l dohc motor.......are you going to put some pistons???

if you're going to turbo the car you'll want to lower the crompression....i beleive the compression of stock g4cs is 11:1....if im wrong someone please correct me......

keep us posted......well me of course since im doing the build right now.... :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dienekes1982
    what is the deal with the DOHC? is it really worth the swap? what does the extra cam do?
    Allows you to tune for either low/mid end power or mid-top end. With a SOHC, you can only go for low or high end hp/tq by advancing the cam gear and what not. You probably would see a max of 20hp/tq at the flywheel and more hp/tq throughout the entire hp/tq curve. For the little amount of work it requires, well worth the investment.
    7g for life!

phizz2k
    I as well saw a sonata like this in a u-pull-it and was wondeering if the head could be removed, cleaned and swap with our 7g 4g64 cars...

Does anyone know if any other wiring would have to be done other than wiring the cas to the 7g distributor, and adding a resitr pack for the different spark plugs?

if you're going to turbo the car you'll want to lower the crompression....i beleive the compression of stock g4cs is 11:1....if im wrong someone please correct me......

I thought the compression is 11:1 with a 1G/2G head swap. I think the stock g4cs compression is 9.x:1
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticj

I thought the compression is 11:1 with a 1G/2G head swap. I think the stock g4cs compression is 9.x:1
    wow that's some high ass comp!! 11?? is that right???

www.mitsubishiforum.com/m_42332/tm.htm

talking about cheap NA power.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Proto
    Stock GS motor is only 10:1

Quote Originally Posted by mysticj
    www.mitsubishiforum.com/m_42332/tm.htm

talking about cheap NA power.
    wow that was really helpful!!! so much info i got from it......it even have that parts that we can reuse....knowing that just saved me a couple of hundred dollars....

but im still in the search of the g4cs block