The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How does the GTS handle?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

How does the GTS handle?

How does the 9G GTS handle? Is the ride still of soft? Is the GTS suspension much different than the Ralliart?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    ralliart is a little lower so more feel for the road. GTS should be nice and soft.

i dunno... was looking at the specs earlier and they seem to be the same... only difference i can see is that the gts has a sway bar...the 07's could be different though from 04-06 such as adding the 5 spd auto

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...nt/07/specs.do
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

i dont think its much diffent just the rear sway, 18's, the railliart is is .1 inches taller than the gts though.. and did the Gts stop coming with projectors?
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the addition of a rear sway bar will drastically change the handling of your car, if it didn't then you need to put the keys down and ask the DMV to revoke your license
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i agree, front and rear sway bars makes a world of difference...i wonder why the 07 gts doesnt have the rear sway... mine does
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    I think they all(9g) come with sway bars. Just not as big as the GTS/Ralliart. 21mm or 24mm? I cant even remember and i have it.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

They are trying to make them a little more neutral without making them asshappy. Car makers dont think anyone can drive, because most cant, and therefore try and set the car up so the thickest piece hits first, this makes for a highly aggervating driving experience for those of us who can control a slide and prefer a car to break in the rear first. I love my current swaybar set up, however no manufacturer would make a car handle like it does.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    The GTS does still come with projectors.. I would rather drive a RalliArt then a GTS... I like the way they handle better and I like the way it looks better..

The only way to sum up the handling of the GTS compared to the Ralliart (stock to stock of course), is that the GTS feels like a big car that doesn't care for corners...the Ralliart feels like a big car, that loves them. :mrgreen:

That's a big part of why i got a '07 Ralliart instead of a Passat (2.0T), which was winning over the '06 GTS we had driven previously. :smt002

That, and christ can you peel some rubber off those tires when you shut off the traction control :shock:
    "Oh Lord...why do u mock me so?" - Homer

handling wise, will adding a strut tower bar, front underbrace and rear sway bar make my GTS handle same as the ralliart? I know the suspension is stiffer but will it come close? what other options do i have?

That'll all make it more rigid in the corners. But it's all frame work too. You'd need to stiffen up the suspension it self

My 04 GTS has a stock strut tower brace and front/rear sway bars. The suspension for a stock car was fairly stiff and handled its own on corners. I since lowered it and it feels like a go-kart now. I'm super happy with it. It handles worlds better than my 99 Pontiac Trans Am.