The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turn Signal BULB LEd's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28
    TGC Regular

Turn Signal BULB LEd's

Can i change my turn signal bulbs (1157) to LED 1157?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1157-...98379142QQrdZ1

WOuld i need a load resistor kit? OR can i just do it plug and play?

You do need a load resistor and other stuff unless you like the excessive blinking/ constant busted fuses.

TGC Regular
    What other stuff?

It's pain in the a$$.

I got LED bulbs in the rears right now. I like the fast blinking, lol they are bright as hell. I've had them in there for like 2 months now and nothing. :D

i have led switchbacks in my front right now in 1157 (parking white, signal amber). u need a load resistor. simple to install (just need pliers and some wire taps). took me all of 2 minutes to do... all my lights work like they were meant to from factory.

http://raniworld.com/raaa/switchback.qtl

these are mine....where can i find a switchback?

TGC Regular
    Ok just wonder im looking on ebay for tail light LED bulbs. Is the 2057 bulbs the same as the 1157? Are they any different cuz on ebay thye are making it seem like they are the

switchbacks:

http://autolumination.com/switchback.html

don't forget load equalizers unless you like fast blink.

TGC Regular
    But that doesnt answer my question...are they the same size or no

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekz185
    Ok just wonder im looking on ebay for tail light LED bulbs. Is the 2057 bulbs the same as the 1157? Are they any different cuz on ebay thye are making it seem like they are the
    2057 and 1157 have the same base. the difference between the two is that the 2057 runs on a lower wattage on low filiment than the 1157 bulb. but yea, that wouldn't matter much on a led bulb.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekz185
    But that doesnt answer my question...are they the same size or no
    that's because i wasn't answering your question... i was answering one of the questions before yours.

here's the answer to your question:

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/BrakeLight.htm
    Brake Light FAQ[/url]]
    ALL the bulbs below are Ba15d (dual contact/dual filament) INDEX BASE (axially offset pins, one direction only). External dimensions are identical. Physical differences vary only in terms of construction materials. The bulbs below differ only in terms of the lamp filaments/wattage/output/expected life, as noted:

BULB# # Voltage Amperage/Filament MSCD Hours/Watts
    1157 12.8/14 2.10/0.59 32/3 1200/5000
    2057 12.8/14 2.10/0.48 32/2 1200/5000

MSCD is "Mean Spherical Candela", or "candlepower".

notice the numbers i put in bold. the only difference between the 1157 and the 2057 is that the dim filament of the bulb is dimmer on the 2057... what that means is that the contrast between parking and brake/signal is higher for the 2057. as far as LED versions of these 2 bulbs, the difference is nominal.

how do u load the resisters 2 stop the fast blinking??? wen the hazards are on its normal? Why?

TGC Regular
    the load resistors have 2 wires on them, just connect them to your turn signal wires. And you are good to go. You have to connect them to each sidee

connect it just like a fuse? (Bridge them) and where can i get resistors

whats it called..... eq's? and what would u recommend adding 50watt? 25watt?

TGC Regular
    50watt if u are goign to put leds in both the tails and heads

is there a tutorial or something on how to wire up the load resistors for the LED turn signals. I want to change the front (switchback sounds cool for the front) and rear turn signals as well as the reverse lights and the brake lights when I eventually put on my JDM tails. would I need load resisters for those lights as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon Sunset
    is there a tutorial or something on how to wire up the load resistors for the LED turn signals. I want to change the front (switchback sounds cool for the front) and rear turn signals as well as the reverse lights and the brake lights when I eventually put on my JDM tails. would I need load resisters for those lights as well?
    u only need the load equalizers for the signal circuits. if you plan on doing front AND back signal LED's, get (2) 3ohm/50 watt LED load equalizers; if you just plan on doing just the front OR just the back, get (2) 6ohm/25 watt LED load equalizers. http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

here's the wiring schematic:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast