The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: power steering fluid loss!!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

power steering fluid loss!!

I have powersteering fluid all over the resivor bottle under the hood of my G. Do the hoses to the resivor build up any presure in them? Or has anyone else had this problem in the past? Do i need to replace the stock ring clamps? Just wondering if it is a simple fix like noted above or if i have a bigger problem, like crack in the bottle or lines. It dont see any cracks.

clean the bottle off. come back later and look for leaks.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yes the p/s hoses are pressurized, many are preform steel or more commonly aluminum lines and can be subject to corrosion, fatigue and damage.

If possible lift the car and inspect your rack and pinion see if you can see any leakage there. Also be aware that sometimes the rack and pinion can leak inside the inner tierod boots causing those to go bad.

Thanks dave,
    I wasnt sure if the line right at the bottle where pressured they are rubber though at that spot on the system. I think they are spraying fluid out right where they connect @ the bottle. Ill clean it up replace the stock clamps with some screw clamps and get back to you guys.

Reservior perhaps???

I recently had a slow leak from my power steering reservior. At first glance it appeared to be one of the two hoses attached. After further investigation, it was found that the resevior itself had a small crack around the area where the hose is attached. $20 later (with a p/s fluid flush) I am as good as new.

mdavisii,
    thanks for the heads up because thats exactly where it seems to be coming from is the hose connection area.