The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: provincial inspection...im in deep shit VICTORY!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

provincial inspection...im in deep shit VICTORY!!!

got pulled over today, was going 70 in a 50 zone(still havent fixed the damn speedo)

anyway this girl pulls me over and starts checking my car out...its in bad shpae since the swap, got in another fender bender and cracked my front bumper, my inside is practicily all gone exept my racing seats which are broke

anyway to make a long story sshort 300 $ in fines + i got to get the G in inpsection in 2 days

so heres whats to fix

i need some day lights ( the lights have to turn on by themselves when the car is started) i already had a set installed after my first inspection but it melted after that. it originally costed me 150 $ , does anyone know how to do this ???

also i have to remove my apex1 muffler to install an OEM one
    i think our stock piping is 2 and a half inch pipes, so what muffler would be good for our G's i thought maybe nissan maxima or altimas???

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

I didn't think 8G's had drl's?? Why would that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by 00GalantMan
    I didn't think 8G's had drl's?? Why would that matter?
    They never did, at least in the United States.

Its a law in Canada that ALL cars sold have to have daytime running lights.

Qs,

Stock piping is 2.25".

What exactly happened to the old daytime lights to cause them to melt?

when i got pulled over i had to replace my muffler back to stock as well. try your local scrap yards. I had the shop make me a new one. it was right around 170 for them to cut the old one off, make a new one, and put it on.
    lasthopeskrispy (9:45:12 PM): what would a computer do with a lifetime supply of chocolate?
    SkylineGTR7865 (9:45:36 PM): idk what
    lasthopeskrispy (9:45:47 PM): fuck if i know

why even bother with making another car's factory muffler fit>? just go to a muffler shop and get them to weld on some factory replacement muffler. should be like 30 bucks or something.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    why even bother with making another car's factory muffler fit>? just go to a muffler shop and get them to weld on some factory replacement muffler. should be like 30 bucks or something.
    x2

thats the thing, i dont think midas or mister muffler have any mitsu's mufflers. They might have a jobber but it will need to be ordered ...maybe anyway il give em a call today

the first day lights i had installed melted, both my headlights started to flash and dim one day, i opened up the hood, played with the light harness and the light would go back to normal , thats when i noticed they were started melting, brought the G back to the guy who did the wiring and he wanted to charge me to fix it even though it was his mistake i guess, anyway he remove the whole kit since it wasnt working properly...

hope he wont plug in to check the codes, i aint got no cat, and my airbags need fixing ...anyway at least i got seatbelts for free yesterday ( hope they fit and the guy wont notice...)

2002 blue G RIP07

most mufflers aren't brand and model specific.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I got a stock muffler off I4 for sale if you're interested. Pm me.

well i called the muffler shop and they charge at least 100 $ , but i found a 2.25 inch muffler for 25 bucks and i was told if i make a straight cut on the pipe , widen it a bit, fit the muffler inside and clamp it tight, this should be ok, right?

as for the daylights, i went to see a guy i barely know and he told me that its not that hard but since our usdm arent equipped with a kind of switch , when il turn my highbeams on , the lights will overheat caus the daylights will stay open...

now i think im in deeper shit

since i swapped my tranny for a manual the car is able to start in all gears, which is not accepted, so i have to wire a sensor to the clutch , i was told that we could split a wire from the starter and conecting one to the clutch, thus creating a second ignition ( the clutch)

now my biggest concern now is the airbag system, when i swapped the tranny i removed the airbag ecu to have more space to work , now i didnt drop it or anything but it was rocked back and forth hard enough to hear the G force gadget inside going click, also i was in the midst of installing my momo wheel , so i took of the driver airbag, im gonna put everything back in but last time i did the SRS light came on so i need to fix this

since i removed and sold front seatbelts when i installed the 4 point harness ,i need to install new OEM ones...got 2 of them from a civic , and im not worried about making them fit, its jsut gonna be ugly as hell.

as for my cat i still have my orginal manifold ( been 3 years maybe more since it wasnt used, must be rusty as hell, ) so there shouldnt be any problems there.

now i need to know if someone has a clear explanation about the reverse backup lights and the speedometer coz since i did the swap both of them are dead and need to be alive for monday.

both of them are located on the main wire harness for the car. Goosey told me that the 2 others besides the 2 wires that need to be shorted are the ones for the speedo or the reverse lights...i jsut cant remember. i do remember seing a post about a guy who just directly wired his tranny to the back of his speedometer but i think for that to be done i need to remove the dash first...and time isnt on my side ...

by the way my budget for all this isnt even close to 300 $.....

2002 blue G RIP07

Experienced TGC Member
    damm...

well you can always slip some money

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    damm...

Nah dude, he's fuxed.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    damm...

Nah dude, he's fuxed.
    ya its i no dont bribe its bad news

well its not as bad as when i bought it so il see this through

any help on the above guys???

2002 blue G RIP07

ok well i found a 2.125 muffler for 35 bucks , gonna go get it fit later today , hope its gonna be good with a clamp

as for the reverse lights, il try whats posted on gooseys thresd, meaning to connect pin 6-7 of the black harness to the blue harness in the tranny

the speedo is the other harness ( mounted on the tranny ) but does anyone know which harness under the hood is the one for the speedometer?

2002 blue G RIP07

my god what happened to your car? lol

x2 seriously
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

well i did drive from quebec to BC then back again, (radiator and fans blew in ontario on my way back...)

the tranny swap got a little messy after i jingled with the SRS ecu and heating unit...my bad

the horn was only out du to i was installinh a racing wheel...

i only removed the OEM seatbelts and sold em...

i could go on and on....about the things i shouldnt have done and did anyways...

but this is part of owning a moded car....damn cops...

anyway i got half of the shit fixed today

im going to do the wiring for the speedo, backup lights, day lights, tomorrow...

at least its gonna be done...its not even been a month since i spent 2000 for the swap and now this....

my bad luck is what happened to the car...but i HAVE been driving a bit rough...enjoying the 5 speed

wait til you see it this summer

its gonna be a sparkling new baby

2002 blue G RIP07

Dude save your money and get out of CANADA!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast