The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Narrowband AFR gauge?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Narrowband AFR gauge?

I have a narrowband afr gauge that someone gave to me.
    where should i wire it in to get the signal from my o2 sensor?
    thanks.

into your front o2 sensor signal wire

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i had a narrowband, that bitch swings crazy!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    yeah, they're useless, until the great, elite DOHCstunr made me realize it's your window into seeing what the ecu thinks is going on....which is oh so very important
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

which wire is that at the ecu? i dont feel like running a wire all the way to the o2 sensor...

you have to do it at the sensor, wideband is at the ecu

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

what is the difference between splicing the wire before it goes into the ecu and right at the sensor. as long as my wire is good there will be no voltage drop from the distance

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    If you are going to hook up a narrow band a/f gauge you want to splice into the O2 wire going into the ECU. Doesn't matter how the wire is..as long there is a good solid connection.

Not sure what year 7g you have..but this applies to 96-98 Galants. This is a 2g Ecu plug pinout, which is similar to the 96-98 7g, with minor differences, but nothing related the the O2 pin out. If you got a 96-98 7g, you should have a 4 plug ecu.

Refer to this page from VFAQ.com..its for a 2g application, but like I stated the O2 pinout is at the same location on the 96-98 7g's.
    http://www.vfaq.com/mods/ecu-harness-2G.html

The front O2 wire should be on the smallest plug out of all 4 ECU plugs. Should be Pin 60 for the front O2 signal wire. Good Luck

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

That helped a lot.
    Thanks guys, i will be wiring that today and then i get to see all the flashing lights! lol

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    yeah, they're useless, until the great, elite DOHCstunr made me realize it's your window into seeing what the ecu thinks is going on....which is oh so very important
    Yep.

Part throttle boost + a swinging gay-pride rainbow (closed loop) = kaboom!