The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oil catch can

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

oil catch can

whats up everybody, does anyone know if a oil catch can would do any good for my turbocharged engine? i know that under pressure, excess oil from the pcv goes back into ur intake tract and i want to prevent that, so would it be a investment to just fabricate one, or is it a waste of my time. thanks.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    http://roadraceengineering.com/eclengine.htm

scroll down to the crank case breather/catch can. it's supposed to actually work, as opposed to all the no-name ebay ones that just create more pressure than relieve it....
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Who need some $50 + dollar catch can. A pepsi bottle and a 2ft vacuum line does wonders and its track legal :D
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4
    Who need some $50 + dollar catch can. A pepsi bottle and a 2ft vacuum line does wonders and its track legal :D
    Come on!! why do you want him to become you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4
    i'd prefer a precision cut and painted(flat black) pvc can.

pepsi? coke bottle is sexier.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

thanks, i was just thinking about making my own out of aluminum. i can make it look pretty much excatly like the ones on that web site, but i can do it for free also so i guess ill invest the time into it if it does good for my engine. thanks for the info guys.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

I helpsd a guy make one out of pvc drain pipe, it works better than most you will buy.

i drew up something and im going to start fabricating tommorow. its going to be a square body made out of aluminum, and ill just weld some fittings with some clear plastic tubing for oil level indicator. ill have it machined so it looks polished too. should look pretty sick. ill post pics when its all done

yeah, if I had the tools I would fab one too that fits perfectly where you're going to mount it. I haven't heard much bad about the $30 compared to $200 ones, but under high boost/pressure are very nice to have.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

im probably going to mount it somewhere near the pcv valve like on the side of the valve cover or something. i want it to just look nice sittin there and not ghetto so im gonna polish it up nice and put like a little mitsubishi emblem on it. should be nice.