The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installed Killer Glass illuminated pyrex radiator hose today

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 83
    It looks like a lava lamp

TGC Regular
    Its a little off topic but to change ur radiator hose do u need to flush the radiator? Then remove the hose? Is their and antifreeze in the hose when the car is off? What are some good clamps to get for the rad hose?

Where can u get Gates Racing clamps? On their site they dont ofer anything for our cars!

NOT RICE AT ALL...it looks really neat IMHO somthing new to show off, i bet if the best galants on this site had this everyone would be lik dam that hott n get it...looks good, update when u get the new coolant

i think its pretty cool. definitely trippy, and definitely different.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvr
    i bet if the best galants on this site had this everyone would be lik dam that hott n get it...looks good, update when u get the new coolant
    which is what pisses me off so much about the car modding world...
    -Chris

*Flips everyone off*

gnz - I don't even see how your examples compare.

the blue fluid was recommended by the staff at Killer Glass.

You serious about the air bubble? in the event that it made it's way where it shouldn't, would that say.... cause multiple mis-fires? (P0300) Cause I pulled that code shortly after the install. ><

blue fluid is in and I'll take a pic tonight for those of you who don't think I should have used soy sauce.

As far as the air bubble... I just had three mechanics tell me it's nothing to worry about. The worst that could happen is that it gets a few degrees hotter than normal. They all said that the chances of it working its way to the engine are next to zero unless I had a VERY high pressure setup going or the laws of physics spontaneously change. But yeah. They told me to tell you you're all crazy about the bubble being dangerous.

This misfire seems to have no cause. They can't figure out what's causing it. They did however disconnect my battery when they installed the kit. My car is known for acting crazy when the battery's been disconnected and the computer goes back to original settings. If it's still going nuts in a day or two I'll bring it back to them.

Yo that has to be the coolest engine dress-up item I have seen in a while. I first saw this on a car show down here in Florida, the dude had a Hyundai Tiburon and it looked so nice, and yes they all have airbubbles so fuck what anybody says. This isn't RICE either this is show with a purpose. I love it. How much did it cost all together and is there an option to take the LED's out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekz185
    Its a little off topic but to change ur radiator hose do u need to flush the radiator? Then remove the hose? Is their and antifreeze in the hose when the car is off? What are some good clamps to get for the rad hose?

Where can u get Gates Racing clamps? On their site they dont ofer anything for our cars!
    Oh yeah. I don't know about the flushing part. I leave most engine stuff to my gear monkeys until I learn more about that stuff.

There IS fluid in the hose when the car is off.

I have no idea where to get Gates Racing stuff. I would think a clamp is a clamp is a clamp though. Size is what would matter and not application. However when I showed that site to my contact at KG, he claimed that the ones that come in the kit are those very same clamps but I think he's crazy. The ones from the Racing division seem to be a little cleaner looking. I'm going to investigate this further. I live about 12 miles from the Gates factory so if nothing else I can just barge in there and demand to compare their clamps side by side.

i just installed one....along with some washer lights and an L.E.D. exhaust tip...looks KWEL!!!!
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by DNSerrano
    Yo that has to be the coolest engine dress-up item I have seen in a while. I first saw this on a car show down here in Florida, the dude had a Hyundai Tiburon and it looked so nice, and yes they all have airbubbles so fuck what anybody says. This isn't RICE either this is show with a purpose. I love it. How much did it cost all together and is there an option to take the LED's out?
    I don't remember how much they charged me but I want to say $120. They were hooking me up with a partial sponsorship though. The retail price with one LED (I got 2) is $200 + $30 per extra light (red, blue or green) + at least $30 if you want a design or logo etched in. Once installed, the LEDs could be removed I suppose. You don't have to install them in the first place if that's what you're getting at.

It also seems that they are willing to do any custom part you can think of if the design will fit their machine. They've done custom pyrex gas tanks on motorcycles, etched pyrex covers for amps and the like and they've toyed with the idea of putting a window in a valve cover.

And I agree that there's a difference between show and rice. By some of the people in this thread's logic, monitors in the back seat would be rice, where as I think that's show.

Now if I put a fireball kit in the muffler before going apeshit on performance, THAT would be rice. If I put a big ol shogun wing on the trunk before I even BEGIN to need increased downforce, THAT would be rice. If I gleefully put on every every decal that came with my shifter, ground lights, tail lights, subs, etc, THAT would be rice. If I put every JDM body part on the car that I could find, just because it's JDM, before giving the engine any muscle, THAT would be rice my good sirs.

/rant off

Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    i just installed one....along with some washer lights and an L.E.D. exhaust tip...looks KWEL!!!!
    You guys are mean :cry:

Here it is in natural light...

Experienced TGC Member
    is that foil or dynomat are ur intake pipe??

Yeah I figured since it works so good for cooking my rice....

It's a fiberglass intake sleeve and some heat reflective tape from Heatshield Products, http://www.heatshieldproducts.com/

And yes I have noticed a small difference in intake temps.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Its "kinda" cool, but for $120 ... Negative.
    7g for life!

That's what I was thinking at first Seth. But then I thought about it and decided one could spend just as much powdercoating a valve cover and that justified it in my mind. :P

Furthermore.....

I have a rice warning system. The staff at Racing Trenz. The few times I've asked them to do something ricey to my car, they flat said "no" and told me the errors of my ways. They know I promote them on my CarDomain and face to face with potential customers and they don't like being associated with rice. These are people who's idea of decorating the shop front is putting a Buddha with incense at the enterance and an $85000 skyline in the far corner.

They installed the glass and showed interest in becoming an official installer. So there. :smt098

Serious about the skyline. It's been decorating the corner of the shop for like 6 months now.

Not that it doesn't make for good decoration...

how does it not compare? you take an item thats not normally clear (radiator hose, hood, rims, etc) and then put leds behind it to showoff the inside. it obviosuly serves no performance gains. and as for looks, i guess thats all subjective. tho if most of the forum members agree, then we cant be wrong 8)

as for mixing coolant. us cars use different coolant from japanese cars uses different coolant from euro cars. mixing the different coolants causes the coolant to lose its ability to cool. i dunno if euro coolant can be used in japanese cars but i woudlnt be surprised if your car overheats this summer

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    how does it not compare? you take an item thats not normally clear (radiator hose, hood, rims, etc) and then put leds behind it to showoff the inside. it obviosuly serves no performance gains. and as for looks, i guess thats all subjective. tho if most of the forum members agree, then we cant be wrong 8)

as for mixing coolant. us cars use different coolant from japanese cars uses different coolant from euro cars. mixing the different coolants causes the coolant to lose its ability to cool. i dunno if euro coolant can be used in japanese cars but i woudlnt be surprised if your car overheats this summer
    You compared a transparent, illuminated hose under the hood to putting fishtanks in the headlights. That does NOT compare. The stuff you compared it to are all on the outside. The only people who will see my mod are those I open the hood for. Who do I open the hood for? My mechanic and the people I'm trying to show off to anyway.

And I actually know a situation or two where one of your examples is NOT rice. That Bugatti with the factory quad-turbo also has a factory clear hood.

But you may be right about the euro coolant. Only time will tell. The BMW dealer I bought it from knew my situation and didn't warn me though. Then again he was a dealer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast