The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installed Killer Glass illuminated pyrex radiator hose today

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 83
    If they could do a 4g64 valve cover out of that pyrex thing it would be freaking awesome but I don't think it would hold to heat. I like the idea of it though

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    putting fishtanks in the headlights.
    Good point, now you can put some fishes in your coolant and you can see them from your nonricy pipe, whenever you open your hood!
    :smt044

some people think carbon fiber is ricer....ricer is not a dam pyrax hose sorry...i have interior neoons on the floors and i think its kool because it doesnt light up alot but some people think THAT is ricer....everyone has there own opinions and seriously more than half of u have a gay ass sticker, ugly spoiler, or other things that look ricer....that is a cool n neat idea and it will be ricer until it gets popular ull see

Please update this after the summer is over if this mod holds to heat. I really don't see why most of us are flamming about his pipe it doesn't bother the overall looks. It's not the finest mod out there but it certain gives you the indication his coolant is green and not brown. Unless you are paying a portion of his car note, he can do whatever he pleases.

I posted a thread here where alot of members wrote what they thought was rice. We seem to agree on many things but it all ended up as if we are all ricers to a certain degree. Here at TGC it seems that extreme rice does not rule but does participate. Rice is in the eye of the beholder. As for this hose, rice? Ive seen, here, worst.

I like it. Not for me. But it is different and in the area of customizing its aight! :smt023
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    i just installed one....along with some washer lights and an L.E.D. exhaust tip...looks KWEL!!!!
    Don't forget to wrap your intake pipe in aluminum foil. And get a set of those LED Fire Flies for your valve caps. Maybe one of those red plastic cone shaped intake filters with the LED's in it. Then you'll be the shiznit on the West Coast. :D :D
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

in person it looks really neat becasuse u see the coolaant flowwing...mindwerks: give it some gas man ull see the coolant just get sucked in and move all crazy in there

fishboy man do u know about heat n performance?? that is the heat wrap that keeps ur intake alot cooler thn not having crap so lets say if both of u r i4 with intakes, the chances of him winning not by alot, but winning are more than u winniing.. u would be surprised what lil things lik that can do

how does it go.. for every 10 degrees lower temp, you gain 1% in hp. so he gained 1hp with the heat wrap? you get that same temp drop using a throttle body spacer.

I think its different and a good show mod. always good to be up on the latest and greatest. I've never heard about the blue radiator fluid either. You should look at the specs on that for sure before changing everything.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    i just installed one....along with some washer lights and an L.E.D. exhaust tip...looks KWEL!!!!
    Don't forget to wrap your intake pipe in aluminum foil. And get a set of those LED Fire Flies for your valve caps. Maybe one of those red plastic cone shaped intake filters with the LED's in it. Then you'll be the shiznit on the West Coast. :D :D

don't forget to be 45 and think you're 16... seriously, it's different... not my style, but at least different... if it only fit like OEM and went the whole length of the tube, then maybe that MIGHT be worth the cash... but i just don't see spending even $120 on a 6" piece of pyrex between 2 stock radiator hoses to see what the coolant looks like... but yeah, it is very different, and i like it in that respect...

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman13
    if it only fit like OEM and went the whole length of the tube, then maybe that MIGHT be worth the cash... but i just don't see spending even $120 on a 6" piece of pyrex between 2 stock radiator hoses to see what the coolant looks like... but yeah, it is very different, and i like it in that respect...
    I agree. I think it could be cool, but only having a part of one hose like that...Maybe if some other hoses matched it as well...Cool idea tho.

everyone things rice is a different thing, theres no agreement on what rice is. some people thing having a non painted carbon fiber hood is rice, or having a body kit period, or having an exhaust when your car isnt putting out power. some people think fixing up family sedans is rice. its all the matter of how u look at it. this is just another thing that has came out that some people ar egonna like, and some arent
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    how does it go.. for every 10 degrees lower temp, you gain 1% in hp. so he gained 1hp with the heat wrap? you get that same temp drop using a throttle body spacer.
    Yeah but this only cost me like $20 and install is about as intensive as putting on a condom.

Alex - I was going to rev it but I was also the camera man. I'll post another video when I have someone to film for me. Also, sorry the sound isn't very slick in that vid. It's actually a still camera with a video function.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55

don't forget to be 45 and think you're 16... seriously, it's different... not my style, but at least different... if it only fit like OEM and went the whole length of the tube, then maybe that MIGHT be worth the cash... but i just don't see spending even $120 on a 6" piece of pyrex between 2 stock radiator hoses to see what the coolant looks like... but yeah, it is very different, and i like it in that respect...
    The chunks of radiator hose on either end are to act as shock absorbers. Don't forget that the engine moves around in the bay. You don't want a solid connection between the engine and the radiator. But yeah, I would have liked a little more glass. This is the first 6G72 hose they've done though so I won't complain. If I ever have them do an etched one, I'll ask for more glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Koncept
    if it only fit like OEM and went the whole length of the tube, then maybe that MIGHT be worth the cash... but i just don't see spending even $120 on a 6" piece of pyrex between 2 stock radiator hoses to see what the coolant looks like... but yeah, it is very different, and i like it in that respect...
    I agree. I think it could be cool, but only having a part of one hose like that...Maybe if some other hoses matched it as well...Cool idea tho.
    I'm way ahead of you. I'm looking into which parts can be replaced with pyrex. Figure I'll add a pyrex part each year until I can't find anyplace else to put em.

that looks badass, it would look good on my car being green and all

different color hood, trunk and gas cap are rice in my mind. this hose thing.. not so much..

sorry g-spot. lol

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    pretty neat stuff there.. it looks as if you got some toxic ecloplasmic things going to your engine.. nice.

fyi - I'm going start monitoring coolant temp regularly on my OBD doodad. If I notice anything unusual as the weather gets warmer I'll post it.

So far I'm noticing that the pyrex itself gets way hotter to the touch than the surrounding hose material. But yeah, the hose part stays normal and I haven't noticed it getting unusually hot so far on the ScanGauge. :smt023

Hey, does Pyrex possibly have heat-sink properties? any chemistry guys on here? hmmmm... research must be done.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast