The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake Pads Questions

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    galantblue

Brake Pads Questions

I just p/u my slotted/dimple rotors for my 8G V6. Are the 8G front pads same as the 3G Eclipse V6? 'Coz Woody @ Raceconcept said Axxis don't make the 8G front yet. My fronts are squeekin' like hell already, so need to change the pads, at least, like yesterday. Any insight?
    What other aftermarket brand are suitable upgrade replacements? :shock:

If you have stock calipers, you have to get Galant brake pads. Someone else just went through different pads for the Eclipse to no avail. So I think the bottom line is they are different. You might want to try EBC pads... check www.tirerack.com for availability.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

BlueESV6
    I bought what they called "Axxis Metal Master" with my crossdrilled... they were PBR Deluxe 23-530-01 made in Aussi... 44.98 plus shipping

I have a V6. Hope this helps.

www.powerstoprotors.com

galantblue
    Many thx guys. What about the ceramics pad Pep Boys sells? Do those make lots of brake dust? Just wonder how those are. If any of you guys had those B4, pls comment. :shock:

EvoLuTioN
    wait a minute... are you telling me that the axxis 7365-D484MM metal master pads i ordered aren't going to fit my 2k ES's fronts???

Galantblue wrote that Woody said Axxis don't make fronts... is that for the V6 or the I4 or both... i got the I4... these bitches better fit...

please let me know...

the 2001's have a different caliper design than the 2000's and the 1999's and thats y they can't use the axis pads...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

galantblue
    Yeap, mine was a V6. Pino was right, for some odd reason the 01' capilers were changed. :shock:

I bought the PBR Metal Masters with brembos from Wood for a 8G 4cyl. No complaints here.
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

EvoLuTioN
    O I C... it's just the 2k1's that are assed out then... right?...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EvoLuTioN)</div><div class='quotemain'>O I C... it's just the 2k1's that are assed out then... right?...</div>

the stock pads are actaully good. tehy are just expensive cuz its coming from the dealer...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    the stock pads are actaully good. tehy are just expensive cuz its coming from the dealer...</div>

Unless you're canyon carving or racing; I've taken them up to the point of fading and it's kind of scary. But replacement slotted rotors and/or cross-drilled would cool it down a lot and help with that though.

Galant_01
    Here we go again! LOL

I posted on this before! The only pads available for the 2001+ Galant V6 that I have found are the ones from Autozone. If you go to Autozone and tell them you have a Galant V6 NOT an Eclipse. The Albany Brake Pads part number is D866 I beleive and they fit great and are only $19.95! Make sure to get the putty crap to keep your brakes from screeching again! Mine are right now but nothing is wrong with the pads. Also these pads are lifetime warrantied so they are ok. They work good and I have no complaints on them so... But anyway if took my 3 sets of pads and alot of taking my brakes apart to get the right pads! So hope my pain is your gain. If you have any questions do not hesitate to email me at [email protected]

Thanks Thomas. I forgot who it was but knew someone did the trial and error thing for us regarding the confusion about brake pads. galantblue, I was wrong about TireRack carrying EBC pads for your '01 Galant. '99-'00 they have but not for your year. The pads that you've shown me tonight also look like the ones for my year '00, so I'm not sure if those are the right ones for you either. Maybe one more trip to Peppy or AZone.