The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mesh Style Wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

Mesh Style Wheels

Trying to pick a mesh style wheel... Need input: brands, quality, etc.
    Just to mention a few, BBS, Enkei RPM2, RacingHart C2, in that direction...
    Feel free to post suggestions.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    i'd say bbs for the best.. but for a cheaper almost the same quality, try konig!!

Volk Racking SF-Winnings

BBS RGR

BBS RS-GT

HP Racing EVO

Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    i'd say bbs for the best.. but for a cheaper almost the same quality, try konig!!
    if u think BBS has the same quality as konig, you're on crack. some of the konig owners can chime in here but if im not mistaken konigs are made of some sort of play-doh.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    ok lemme rephrase, bbs looking wheels.. try konig!!!

aw man those volks are 100% sex. thats the kind of rim ive been pricing out.... i just want them in black.

pinoy - i do agree with you that some members here can prove that konig are made from soda cans...

- ive looked for that shattered konig pic on here for a couple weeks now, cant find it -

...but ive been hearing alot lately on other forums that konig realized this, and have since changed how they make their wheels. supposedly they are making them stronger now. i dont know when this started, and i dont know what composition of materials they are using, just what i heard.

itd be nice to hear if anyones bought a set recently, and how they are holding up.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

HP Racing EVO...those are what im buying my for legacy, very nice and decent price wheels..i like the hyperblack
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    Volk Racking SF-Winnings

if u think BBS has the same quality as konig, you're on crack. some of the konig owners can chime in here but if im not mistaken konigs are made of some sort of play-doh.
    those look familiar.

and o yeah if you think BBS and konig are in the same league, you have been misled; they are not even in the same sport.

I had the Volk SF Winnings on my Galant but once I got the EVO brakes they would not fit anymore. The Volks are a nice wheel.
    Love,
    Matt

One more thing. I'm looking for a flush finish, meaning I do not want a wheel with any rivets on it. I.e., BBS RGR. Thanks!
    P.S. Does anyone have any experience with ACE wheels? Input?

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    aw man those volks are 100% sex. thats the kind of rim ive been pricing out.... i just want them in black.
    here's mine:

VOLK RACING 19x8.5 +48mm gunmetal w/ TOYO PROXES fz4 225/35zr19

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    pinoy - i do agree with you that some members here can prove that konig are made from soda cans...

- ive looked for that shattered konig pic on here for a couple weeks now, cant find it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexey
    One more thing. I'm looking for a flush finish, meaning I do not want a wheel with any rivets on it. I.e., BBS RGR. Thanks!
    BBS and ACE do not belong in the same sentence. that's like saying SSR and TSW in the same breath. you get what you pay for.

no visible face to rim bolts? how about these:

RH EVOLUTION C2 EVO

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    Volk Racking SF-Winnings

KONIG is the biggest piece of shit (right behind ADR), they are hella soft and deserve to have their ability to make wheels taken away and their company burned to the ground...

they fucking suck to put in plainly
    -Chris

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea konig makes some nice looking wheels but i have also cracked 2 of them, they are pretty soft, i would say to go for bbs or the volks particularly 1 or 3 of pinoys post

here's 2 more very nice wheels (if i didn't get my VOLK's i would have gotten 1 of these instead):

WORK VS-XX (SILLYASIANZ has these in gold 18")

TRAFFICSTAR STM (very JDM, very VIP... was my first choice actually)

TGC Regular
    i would stay away from Racing Harts.. They are nice wheels, but they tend to discontinue thier styles very quickly. If you bend or crack a rim, you would have a very hard time finding a replacement.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericbla03
    i would stay away from Racing Harts.. They are nice wheels, but they tend to discontinue thier styles very quickly. If you bend or crack a rim, you would have a very hard time finding a replacement.
    this is very true... if they can't b fixed, you have to replace, and if you can't replace, all 4 become furniture.

Quite true. I busted one of my 5Zigans a couple months ago. Been discontinued and I was lucky to find one left in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax

BBS and ACE do not belong in the same sentence. that's like saying SSR and TSW in the same breath. you get what you pay for.

no visible face to rim bolts? how about these:

RH EVOLUTION C2 EVO
    These ARE discontinued :(

...and these are HOT! :shock:

I'm hoping to make these my next wheels. Need to save QQ Hardcore

PIAA Supermesh Forged 19"

yum

EDIT - I mean seriously. Just imagine them spinnin....

...and these are HOT! :shock:
    i don't think u wanna know how much they cost tho. I was gonna get them in 19"x8" hyperblack. if i remember correctly they were $4800.00 w/ tires + special order for the color and shipping from japan ($500 + 8 weeks). actually my VOLK's were a bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    I'm hoping to make these my next wheels. Need to save QQ Hardcore

PIAA Supermesh Forged 19"

yum

EDIT - I mean seriously. Just imagine them spinnin....

A lil advice....PIAA rims are slush man. They bend like no tomorrow. I got 2 bent PIAA SuperRozza rims sitting in my backyard. Thats why my new rims are Volks BABY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast