The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Safe to wash the car?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Senior TGC Member

Safe to wash the car?

As some of you know my hood is a little crumpled from the accident, about .15 of an inch at the highest point. I want to take my car to the carwash but I dunno if it's safe to do so...should I just wait until my new hood comes in?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

mbssbm
    from what i understanf about your subject, i see no reason why you can't take in the car wash

Nick VR4
    IMO
    Car Washes are crap
    Do it by hand, hose, bucket and chammy leather
    easy peasy chesy

Senior TGC Member
    Yeah but I'm still afraid of too much water getting into my engine bay Besides where I go they wash it by hand anyway No need to have frostbite :twisted:
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

.15 of an inch is nothing, ur pretty much safe

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Our engines are sealed. I degreased and rinsed off my engine without having to cover anything up.

I've got one love in my life. And my girlfriend's learned to live with it. Girlfriends come and go. Your ride is forever.

if you do wash ur engine, remember that it is winter now. and things can freeze...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tiptronic
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    if you do wash ur engine, remember that it is winter now. and things can freeze...
    this would be the only thing to worry about. .15 is nothing

Senior TGC Member
    Well I guess I have nothing to worry about The dang hood won't be in for another week...you'd think they kept this part in stock.