The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Died on the Freeway *UPDATE* 3/17/06 OBD2 CODES!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Its the Crankshaft position sensor. They quoted me at $340 -350. I know the sensor itself costs no more then $100, is it that much of a bitch to get it off and replace it? I think its behind the belts...
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

damn...

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyasianz
    Its the Crankshaft position sensor. They quoted me at $340 -350. I know the sensor itself costs no more then $100, is it that much of a bitch to get it off and replace it? I think its behind the belts...
    Ya its behind the timing belts which is why it cost so much to replace.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

your crankshaft position sensor should be close to the coolant temp. sensor..by the thermostat housing....u need to remove the intake and remove some of those cables around to see it...not so hard to change...can do it in 15 minutes..
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    Ya its behind the timing belts which is why it cost so much to replace.
    Speaking of which, if you haven't you should probably replace the timing belt if you haven't yet.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    On a 7g the crankshaft position sensor is behind the timing cover ... you guessed it right next to the crank. Takes 2 10mm bolts to remove it, 2 10mm bolts to install a new one. If you remove the Alt, PS, and A/C belts, crankshaft pulley/waterpump pulleys you could remove the timing cover without removing the mount. Probably a few hours work, not hard at all.
    7g for life!

well im drunk, came from a club. here is the summary from my mechanic. He pointed out that one of my belts snapped! On the timing belt, there is a big belt and a thin one, the thin one snapped. The crankshaft positon sensor also is messed up. So they both need to be replaced. The other p0111 is nothing, it was because i didnt re-plug my mas. So all im sweating is if my motor seized from the belt snapping. I told my parents what happened and they are being nice to just pay for it all. I understand what to remove, but the fact is I dont wanna take the time to do it, I'd rather have my mechanic do it...and they fact im not paying...is a bonus.... :mrgreen:
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12